- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 5 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 7 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 22 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Movies Amyra Dastur's Lawyer On Luviena Lodh's Drugs Allegations: Completely False, Unfounded And Malicious
- Finance Franklin Templeton Debt MF Wind Up Needs Unit Holder Consent: HC
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 42: KKR vs DC: Delhi Capitals win toss, to bowl; both teams ring in two changes each
- News Give free COVID-19 vaccine to entire nation: Kejriwal
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale On Smartphones And Other Electronics Gadgets
- Lifestyle Durga Ashtami 2020: Tanishaa Mukerji Wins Us With Her Simple Saree Look; Perfect For Festive Events
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
MG Motor India has unveiled a long list of features which will be available on the upcoming Gloster SUV. During the same event, the company also announced the start of official bookings for their upcoming premium-SUV in the Indian market. The new MG Gloster can now be booked for an amount of Rs 1 lakh, either online or through any of the brand's dealerships across the country.
The Gloster which was first showcased the Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo will be India's first Autonomous (Level-1) Premium SUV. It will pack a host of advanced technology and features, making it extremely premium, luxurious and an attractive offering in the full-size SUV segment.
Some of the advanced features on offer with the MG Gloster include ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), Auto Park Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Forward Collision Warning; to name a few.
The SUV will also be an extremely capable off-roader as well. The Gloster will feature an Intelligent All-Terrain System, which comes with On-Demand Four-Wheel Drive System. There are also multiple driving modes on the Gloster, this includes Sand, Mud, Rock, Snow, Eco, Sport and Normal.
The new Gloster SUV will also feature the brand's ‘i-Smart 2.0' connected technology, which adds a host of additional smart features, many of which are industry-firsts. This includes Anti-Theft Immobilisation, Critical Tyre Pressure Voice Alert and Shortpedia App among a few. The Gloster also comes with 3D maps from MapMyIndia, which exclusively offers locations to COVID testing centres, along with pothole alerts, speed alerts, Gaana App with voice recognition and more.
Other standard features on the MG Gloster also include LED lighting all around, panoramic sunroof, 19-inch alloy wheels, 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, front and rear seats with ventilated and heating system, wireless charging, ambient lighting, premium leather upholstery for all seats, 8-inch digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls and a host of others.
The MG Gloster will come powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 216bhp and 480Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. This engine is the most powerful in the segment and promises to offer excellent performance.
Rajeev Chaba, President and MD, MG Motor India, said,
"We are beginning a new chapter in India's auto sector today with the launch of its First Autonomous (Level 1) premium SUV. There are multiple scenarios wherein Gloster can sense and make decisions to improve your overall driving experience with ADAS technology."
"In other words, Gloster is not just another car - it is a high-tech assistant that only thinks about you, your safety, and your comfort all the time. With best-in-class features, a towering road presence, powerful capability, and luxurious interiors, the all-new MG Gloster is designed to set new benchmarks."
The MG Gloster premium SUV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in the coming months. Once launched, the premium SUV will be offered in a range of four colours: Agata Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster Features & Bookings Details
The MG Gloster will be the fourth product offering from the brand in the Indian market, following the Hector, ZS EV and the Hector Plus. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the MG Gloster will rival the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4 and is expected to be offered with a price tag starting at around Rs 40 lakh, ex-showroom.