- 2 min ago Royal Enfield Classic 350 Modified Into A Bobber: Read More To Find Out
- 1 hr ago MV Agusta Brutale 800 SCS Unveiled: Details, Specs, Colours, And Expected Price
- 1 hr ago 2021 Kawasaki Z1000 Unveiled: Could Arrive In India Later This Year
- 1 hr ago Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Bugatti Centodieci Worth Euros 8.5 Million
- Sports BCCI invite bids for kit sponsor and official merchandising partner rights
- Movies Team Kangana Calls Hrithik 'Silly Ex Who Will Never Get Over Kangana'; Shares Advice For Newcomers
- News Ayodhya Ram Mandir Temple Bhumi Pujan: First look of invitation card
- Finance Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Accounts Cross 40 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Hair Hacks To Survive Dirty Second Day Hair Like A Pro
- Technology Realme V5 5G Announced: Price, Specs, Features And More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Mercedes-AMG has unveiled the GT Black Series sports car. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is powered by the most powerful series-production V8 engine that AMG has made to date. Read more to find out.
On the outside, the Black GT Series gets some serious weight reduction compared to the other GT models, which has been done by the use of extensive use of carbon fibre. The bonnet, roof, tailgate, transmission mount and even the driveshaft is made out of carbon fibre. The car also features Lightweight forged wheels and ceramic brakes with Black Series-specific components. To furthermore reduce weight, the company has fitted the car with a thinner front and rear windshield.
The GT Black Series is also equipped with an adjustable coil-over suspension, which is combined with an adaptive damping system. Moreover, the car uses solid rear wishbone frames that have been taken straight from the AMG's motorsport programme and they improve steering sharpness and feedback. However, the exact weight of the car has not been disclosed.
Now coming to the heart of the GT Black, powering the car is a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine. The unit produces a blistering 728bhp of power and 800Nm of peak torque. Moreover, the Black Series' V8 has been modified so much that it has been given its own engine code compared to the regular GT.
The car also features new camshafts, bigger turbos mounted with anti-friction bearings, a bigger intercooler and an uprated exhaust system. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.2sec and 0 to 200km/h in 9.0sec. The car has a top speed of 325km/h. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and gets a revised Race Start function for impressive launch starts.
Thoughts About the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
Well, there has been no confirmation from the company whether it will launch the GT Black Series in India or not. But, the updated AMG GT R and the AMG 63 S GT 4-door are on sale in the Indian market and are priced at Rs 2.48 crore and Rs 2.42 crore respectively. All prices are ex-showroom India.