- 16 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 16 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 18 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- Finance Rs. 2000 Notes To Gradually Phase Out; ATMs Under Recalibration
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- News Justice S Muralidhar transferred from Delhi HC, notifies Centre
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo is ready to be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo. Once launched, the Marco Polo will become the country's first commercially manufactured camper.
The German luxury auto maker has taken a call to launch the Marco Polo in India after their V-Class model found success. The MPV will arrive with a host of ‘living space' concepts.
Mr Martin Schwenk, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mercedes-Benz India said, "At Auto Expo 2020, beside launching the AMG GT 4 Door Coupe, unveiling the A-Class Limousine and the New GLA SUV, we also will be launching something unique and never seen before in India."
"Inspired by the success of the V-Class Luxury MPV in India, we will be launching the V-Class Marco Polo Camper. Nothing reflects restlessness and a spirit of adventure better than an exciting road-trip and camping," he added.
Mercedes-Benz says the V-Class Marco Polo embodies these traits, and blends outdoor ruggedness with the company's world-renowned luxury and technology. Merc expects that the V-Class Marco Polo camper to generate a lot of interest among their existing customers, who already have shown a massive interest to the V-Class luxury MPV models.
There is no concrete information about features and specification at the moment. The Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo is currently available in international markets and has been named after the explorer Marco Polo.
The Marco Polo available in foreign markets feature front seats that swivel, and rear seats that fold flat to make for a bed. The vehicle also features a pop-up roof that reveals an ‘upstairs' sleeping space.
The V-Class Marco Polo features built in wardrobes, drawers, a stove, a sink with fresh and waste water tanks, and a fridge among a host of other elements that make it a mobile home.
At the heart of the V-Class Marco Polo is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 234bhp of power and 500Nm of torque, and comes mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Safety features on the Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo include brake assist, front and side impact beams, a crash sensor, a centrally mounted fuel tank, attention assist, and hill assist among others.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India
Camper-style travel is not an Indian thing. Most folk only use a vehicle to get from place A to B, and live out of hotel or resorts, not their vehicles. While the concept is great, we think India is better off with seven, eight, and nine seater vehicles rather than campers.