- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
German luxury vehicle manufacturer Mercedes-Benz has confirmed that its soon-to-be-launched 2021 S-Class model will feature airbags in order to protect rear seat occupants, making it the first vehicle in the world to feature airbags for rear seat passengers.
The brand has been steadily revealing information about the new S-Class model that is scheduled for an official unveil on 2 September. News about the brand offering rear seat airbags tells one that Mercedes is pioneering safety features and safety technology across the industry.
The new airbags at the rear seats in the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class have been designed to protect rear seat occupants in the event of an frontal accident. The vehicle will also arrive with child seats, an optional belt bag, and inflatable seat belts.
Mercedes has designed the airbags so that they are mounted at the backrests of the front seats. One can tell that the rear seat airbags are designed to have a U shape that will help protect occupants more effectively.
The upcoming Mercedes-Benz S-Class will also feature a Pre-Safe Impulse Side function system that uses radar technology that detects side impacts and protects occupants.
The system deploys air cushions installed in the seats to move occupants towards the middle of the vehicle incase of an inevitable side impact. The system also deploys E-Active Body Control technology that raises the height of the vehicle in order to distribute the force of the impact via the vehicle's stiffer lower structure.
Mercedes-Benz announced that all safety functions and new safety technology has been developed after intensive accidental research that the brand has been doing for over 50 years.
The brand says that real life safety extends beyond legal safety requirements, and this philosophy helps the company innovate and increase safety of occupants and other road users.
The brand also revealed some of the interiors of the upcoming 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class recently, and key highlights include 3D navigation maps and augmented reality as part of its MBUX system upgrades.
The new S-Class will arrive with five infotainment screens - two screens mounted at the front, and three at the rear, with a 12.8-inch OLED touchscreen serving as its main vehicle control display. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Mercedes' Airbags For Rear Seat Occupants
The new S-Class is shaping up to be one of the most feature and safety loaded cars ever. Merc has always invested in technology and safety and the time invested seems to be paying off. We are very impressed with the safety standards that Mercedes-Benz has set for themselves.