- 27 min ago Tata Harrier Sales Increases In July 2020: Registers 33 Percent Increase Last Month
- 39 min ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV Officially Teased: India Launch Timeline Revealed
- 1 hr ago Honda Likely To Introduce A Hybrid Car In 2021: Read More To Find Out
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Scheduled To Unveil On August 15: Will Be An Online Event
- News Coronavirus vaccine: Bharat Biotech, Zydus Cadila human trials move into phase 2
- Sports Spain and Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas announces retirement
- Movies Sushant's Ex Ankita Lokhande Shares Cryptic Post Which Says 'I Cannot Be Bought & I Cannot Be Sold'
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate Improves In July To Pre-COVID Levels
- Technology Oppo K7 5G With Quad Rear Camera Setup Launched: All You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Bhadrapada 2020: Here’s Significance And Festivals To Be Celebrated In This Month
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
German luxury car manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz has announced that it has witnessed sales of just 2,948 units for the months between January and June this year. The luxury car market has been hit by the Covid-19 situation.
The brand sold 9,915 units in comparison with the same period last year, and over 10,000 units by the end of 2019.
Mr Martin Schwenk, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mercedes-Benz India said, "We remain cautiously optimistic as we gradually ramp up our sales amidst the prevalent market challenges triggered by the pandemic. We are glad to witness a slow movement from previous months and we expect this trend to gather momentum."
"However recovery will be slow and we currently expect customer sentiments to revive going forward, though the market conditions would continue to remain challenging. Run-out of some of the key BS 4 volume models and also COVID-19 related restrictions lead to sales challenges in H1," he added.
Mercedes says that SUVs accounted for 57 percent of its total sales during June this year, and that the recently launched Mercedes-Benz GLS accounted for 22 percent of the brands overall sales.
The company also said that the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the E-Class, and the GLC are key volume drivers in the country. The brand is also preparing to launch the new GLA and the A-Class Limousine in the country, and is hoping that the vehicles increase sales figures.
In Mercedes related news, the brand's S-Class model is scheduled for a September launch, and news now is that the vehicle will feature a massive 12.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The new system also features permanent touch controls for the climate conditioning system. Mercedes has managed 27 fewer controls and switches with the new infotainment system. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The 2,984 Units Registered In Sales For the Months January To June 2020
Low sales figures were expected during the first half of this year, considering the Covid-19 pandemic, and the lockdown that was called for in light of the development. One can expect erratic sales numbers over the next few months bearing in mind there is no solution for the virus, and lockdows are still being called for.