- 24 min ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 49 min ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos To Recieve Feature Upgrades Soon: Expected Slight Hike In Pricing
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- News With the flights back, here is how the Indian skies look today
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Reveals What Mom Sridevi Used To Say About Dancing: It's Not All About The Steps
- Sports Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman say there's still a possibility to host IPL 2020, sans spectators
- Finance Google Pay Now Makes 'Nearby Stores' Feature Available In 35 Cities In India
- Technology Now You Can Extend Validity Of Your Prepaid Plans By Paying Rs. 2
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Exudes Comfy Vibes In Green-Blue Printed Separates And It’s Perfect For Workout Sessions
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India is currently in a lockdown state and a lot of manufacturers are offering help in some way or the other. Mercedes-Benz India has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for patients suffering from COVID-19. The newly developed medical facility will be based at the Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed and will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1500 patients.
In the light of the hour, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "In these challenging times we are trying to support the local community and the local authorities. The new medical facility will help support the local authorities and the people of the region with healthcare in the coming times if the situation worsens. We stand together with our community and it remains our endeavor to support them and the authorities in every possible way. We hope for a steady recovery of the crisis and getting back to normalcy."
Moreover, the company will support the Zila Parishad with all the necessary infrastructure including the medical equipment required to create a temporary OPD, infrastructure for stay, stretchers, wheelchairs, PPE kits, sanitizers and other essential needed for easy functioning of the hospital and isolation ward. Mercedes Benz has also supported the Grant Medical Foundation (Ruby Hall Clinic) by donating Ventilators for the patients.
Mercedes Benz India stated, "In the wake of the ongoing global health crisis caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes-Benz India has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for COVID-19 patients. The newly developed medical facility in Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed, will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1,500 patients."
Mercedes-Benz India is also supporting 1600 families from Khed, and the Viman Nagar area in Pune by providing dry ration and cleaning kits. This initiative will secure requirements for food and hygiene for these families until the end of May.
Thoughts On The Temporary Hospital Setup By Mercedes Benz India
Since every other manufacturer is helping in some way to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes Benz India, by setting up a temporary hospital for people suffering from this virus has done a commendable thing as this will be of a lot of help for the patients who are suffering.