- 12 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Almost Sold Out In India Confirms Zac Hollins: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago Bugatti Bolide Hypercar Unveiled: The 1824bhp Track Monster From France
- 14 hrs ago Toyota Kirloskar Motor Enhances Its Service Network Across India: Read More To Find Out
- 15 hrs ago MG Motor Inaugurates First Superfast Charging EV Station In Nagpur: Available To All Vehicles
- News Citizens can’t be hauled from one part of the country to another, let India remain free: SC
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
- Movies Smriti Irani Tests Positive For COVID-19, Urges Those Who Came In Her Contact To Get Tested
- Sports Mumbai Indians bowled well in the last five overs, stopped us 20 runs short: Virat Kohli
- Lifestyle World Stroke Day 2020: What Are The Eight Early Symptoms Of Stroke?
- Finance Moratorium Loan Interest Cashback Explained In 12 Points
- Technology AMD Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT, RX 6900 XT Launched With RDAN2 Architecture
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In November 2020
German automaker, Mercedes-Benz, has announced the launch timeline for its first all-electric vehicle in the Indian market, called the EQC. It is a luxury electric-SUV from the brand that will be going on sale from October 8, 2020.
The electric-SUV was expected to arrive much earlier in the country, however, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch plans were pushed back. The company has already listed the EQC on its official India website ahead of its launch.
When launched, the EQC will be the country's first luxury fully-electric SUV offering in the market. The EQC shares its underpinning with the brand's GLC-SUV and features a similar design as well.
The EQC will get a couple of styling cues that will be unique to the electric SUV. It also gets an illuminated Mercedes-Benz badging on the grille, and an LED strip connecting the LED headlamps on either side.
At the rear, the sleek-looking tail-lamps are connected to with a light bar running across the boot lid. The electric-SUV gets a unique dual-tone six-spoke alloy wheel design, roof spoiler, and a chrome-finished window-line; among others.
On the Inside, it features two 10.3-inch displays for the infotainment system and the instrument cluster, respectively. It will also come equipped with the brand's latest iteration of MBUX connected technology with voice-activated functions and other features. Some of the trims are finished in rose gold accents as well.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be powered by two electric motors on each axle coupled to an 80kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain will produce a total output of 405bhp and a peak torque of 765Nm. Having electric motors on each axle will enable four-wheel drive on the SUV. The EQC features a claimed driving range of 400kms on a single charge.
Speaking about the EQC's performance figures, the SUV can accelerate from 0kmph to 100kmph in just 5.1 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 180kmph. Charging times for the battery pack are rated at 40 minutes for 80 per cent charge with a fast charger.
Once launched, the EQC will have no direct rivals in the Indian market. However, it will soon be accompanied by the Audi e-Tron in the luxury electric-SUV segment, which is scheduled to launch later this year in the country.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced
Mercedes-Benz is looking to capitalize on the growing demand for green vehicles in the country. Once launched, the EQC will have no rivals and becomes a unique offering by the premium brand in the Indian market. Although the ideal range is rated at 400kms per charge, it could be a little less in real-world conditions.