- 10 hrs ago Hero Splendor+ Black & Accent Edition Launched With Personalization Options: Priced At Rs 64,670
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Bookings Cross 15,000 Units Milestone: 57% Of Total Bookings From First-Time Buyers
- 12 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Official Unveil On October 21: Video & Details
- 14 hrs ago Tata Cars Finance Offers & Benefits During Festive Season: Flexible Repayment Options & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Special Discount Offers On Laptops
- Movies Karanvir Bohra And Teejay Sidhu Ring In Twins Vienna And Bella's 4th Birthday With A Colourful Party
- News Harsh Vardhan's comments should not be taken as criticism of Kerala's COVID-19 management: CM
- Sports IPL 2020: Jos Buttler happy to get win on the board and bat at number five
- Finance 6 Business Ideas For Small Towns, Villages In India
- Lifestyle World Osteoporosis Day 2020: What Foods Are Bad For Osteoporosis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In November
- Education DU SOL Admission 2020 For Undergraduate Courses Begins, Check Details
German automaker, Mercedes-Benz, has announced the launch timeline for its first all-electric vehicle in the Indian market, called the EQC. It is a luxury electric-SUV from the brand that will be going on sale from October 8, 2020.
The electric-SUV was expected to arrive much earlier in the country, however, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch plans were pushed back. The company has already listed the EQC on its official India website ahead of its launch.
When launched, the EQC will be the country's first luxury fully-electric SUV offering in the market. The EQC shares its underpinning with the brand's GLC-SUV and features a similar design as well.
The EQC will get a couple of styling cues that will be unique to the electric SUV. It also gets an illuminated Mercedes-Benz badging on the grille, and an LED strip connecting the LED headlamps on either side.
At the rear, the sleek-looking tail-lamps are connected to with a light bar running across the boot lid. The electric-SUV gets a unique dual-tone six-spoke alloy wheel design, roof spoiler, and a chrome-finished window-line; among others.
On the Inside, it features two 10.3-inch displays for the infotainment system and the instrument cluster, respectively. It will also come equipped with the brand's latest iteration of MBUX connected technology with voice-activated functions and other features. Some of the trims are finished in rose gold accents as well.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be powered by two electric motors on each axle coupled to an 80kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain will produce a total output of 405bhp and a peak torque of 765Nm. Having electric motors on each axle will enable four-wheel drive on the SUV. The EQC features a claimed driving range of 400kms on a single charge.
Speaking about the EQC's performance figures, the SUV can accelerate from 0kmph to 100kmph in just 5.1 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 180kmph. Charging times for the battery pack are rated at 40 minutes for 80 per cent charge with a fast charger.
Once launched, the EQC will have no direct rivals in the Indian market. However, it will soon be accompanied by the Audi e-Tron in the luxury electric-SUV segment, which is scheduled to launch later this year in the country.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced
Mercedes-Benz is looking to capitalize on the growing demand for green vehicles in the country. Once launched, the EQC will have no rivals and becomes a unique offering by the premium brand in the Indian market. Although the ideal range is rated at 400kms per charge, it could be a little less in real-world conditions.