- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mercedes-Benz is all set to bring in their first fully-electric offering in the Indian market, the EQC 400. Ahead of its launch, the Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 electric SUV has been listed on the company's official website, indicating that its launch will take place in the coming weeks/months.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV was expected to go on sale in the Indian market earlier this year. However, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdown, the plans had to be indefinitely delayed. We now expect the EQC 400 to launch in India sometime later this year.
The website also has a small teaser video of the upcoming all-electric Mercedes-Benz SUV. the teaser showcases the EQC badging, LED headlamps, LED taillights and a few other interiors features and equipment, expected on the luxury electric SUV.
Some of these expected features and equipment on the interiors include dual 10.3-inch displays; one for the infotainment and the other being the instrument cluster. The Infotainment setup will come with the brand's latest-iteration MBUX system, among a host of other comfort and convenience features as well.
Powering the upcoming Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 SUV will be an 80kWh battery pack mated to two electric motors, one at each axle. The electric powertrain is said to produce 405bhp of power and 765Nm of peak torque and a claimed driving range of 400km on a single charge. With an electric motor on each axle, the Mercedes-Benz EQC will essentially have a four-wheel-drive system.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will come with a top speed limited to 180km/h, while a 0 - 100km/h sprint can be completed in 5.1 seconds. The EQC will come with both regular and fast-charging options as standard. The fast-charger will be capable of charging the electric SUV from 0 - 80% in just 40 minutes.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC is just one of the many vehicles planned by the brand for the Indian market in the coming months. The German brand introduced an aggressive sales strategy for 2020, which saw multiple products like the new GLC, GLE, GLS and the AMG GT-R being introduced in the Indian market. The company is also working on introducing the A-Class sedan in the country as well.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric SUV In India
The Mercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV once launched in India will have no direct rivals. However, the brand's rival Audi is also said to be working on introducing its electric SUV, e-Tron in the Indian market sometime soon, which will be a direct competition to the Merc e-SUV. Another German, in the form of Porsche, has also confirmed its electric offering, the Taycan for the Indian market as well.