- 16 min ago Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increased For The Third Time Since Launch: New Price List Details
- 1 hr ago New Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.26 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- 2 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Pre-Bookings Begin In Indian Market: Launch Expected Soon
- Technology OnePlus 9 Pro Is Going To Be Super Lightweight, Teases OnePlus CEO
- Lifestyle Best Beauty Moments From The American Music Awards 2020
- Finance 45% Rally In Gland Pharma Stock Since Its Listing: The Reason
- Movies Kumar Sanu Reacts To Jaan's Allegations; Says He Should Write His Name As Jaan Rita Bhattacharya
- News Cyclone Nivar LIVE: Red Alert in Tamil Nadu; Sec 144 in Puducherry for Next 3 Days
- Sports India tour of Australia: Tendulkar's advice to Indian pacers on how to counter unorthodox Smith
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Mercedes-Benz is all set to bring in their first fully-electric offering in the Indian market, the EQC 400. Ahead of its launch, the Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 electric SUV has been listed on the company's official website, indicating that its launch will take place in the coming weeks/months.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV was expected to go on sale in the Indian market earlier this year. However, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdown, the plans had to be indefinitely delayed. We now expect the EQC 400 to launch in India sometime later this year.
The website also has a small teaser video of the upcoming all-electric Mercedes-Benz SUV. the teaser showcases the EQC badging, LED headlamps, LED taillights and a few other interiors features and equipment, expected on the luxury electric SUV.
Some of these expected features and equipment on the interiors include dual 10.3-inch displays; one for the infotainment and the other being the instrument cluster. The Infotainment setup will come with the brand's latest-iteration MBUX system, among a host of other comfort and convenience features as well.
Powering the upcoming Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 SUV will be an 80kWh battery pack mated to two electric motors, one at each axle. The electric powertrain is said to produce 405bhp of power and 765Nm of peak torque and a claimed driving range of 400km on a single charge. With an electric motor on each axle, the Mercedes-Benz EQC will essentially have a four-wheel-drive system.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will come with a top speed limited to 180km/h, while a 0 - 100km/h sprint can be completed in 5.1 seconds. The EQC will come with both regular and fast-charging options as standard. The fast-charger will be capable of charging the electric SUV from 0 - 80% in just 40 minutes.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC is just one of the many vehicles planned by the brand for the Indian market in the coming months. The German brand introduced an aggressive sales strategy for 2020, which saw multiple products like the new GLC, GLE, GLS and the AMG GT-R being introduced in the Indian market. The company is also working on introducing the A-Class sedan in the country as well.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric SUV In India
The Mercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV once launched in India will have no direct rivals. However, the brand's rival Audi is also said to be working on introducing its electric SUV, e-Tron in the Indian market sometime soon, which will be a direct competition to the Merc e-SUV. Another German, in the form of Porsche, has also confirmed its electric offering, the Taycan for the Indian market as well.