- 15 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Sports Khelo India University Games: Maharshi Dayanand University confident of clinching gold in kabaddi
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Movies Trance: The Official Trailer Of The Fahadh Faasil Starrer Is Impressive And Intriguing
- News Maha Shivratri 2020: Why auspicious for women; date, mahurat
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 Render, Key Specs Surface
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Mercedes-Benz India has launched its electric sub-brand 'EQ' in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz EQ brand is a huge step forward for the luxury brand as it looks to introduce electric mobility for the future.
The company also confirmed that they will be introducing its first all-electric product, the EQC SUV in the Indian market as well. The new Mercedes-Benz EQC is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in April this year.
The Mercedes-Benz EQ brand was launched in India by Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO and Santosh Iyer, VP Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India at the company's Chakan plant in Pune.
On the occasion of the EQ brand launch, Martin Schwenk, stated:
"As the inventors of the automobile and pioneers of luxury mobility in India, we are launching the brand ‘EQ' that will establish luxury electric motoring in India. The ‘EQ' brand is a key pillar of our ‘Sustainable Luxury' objective and is the first dedicated luxury electric brand in India."
"We felt the time was right to introduce EQ brand in India and our first product for India will be the EQC EV. We are confident that EQ will lay a strong foundation for our electric ambition in India, which will see further expansion of our green cars portfolio and also for our future."
He further added, "With the launch of EQ we firmly announce Mercedes-Benz's arrival into the new era of electro mobility. We want the EQ brand to create an ecosystem in which electric mobility is reliable, simple and at the same time exciting."
"The ‘EQC Edition 1886' illustrates progressive design, exciting driving dynamics and a range more than suitable for daily use. Long-term, worry-free vehicle use is the sole focus for us in launching the EQ brand in India."
Talking about the Mercedes-Benz EQC, the SUV will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). This will make it identical to the international-spec model available globally.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV will come powered by two electric motors paired with an 80kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motors along with the battery pack offers 402bhp and 765Nm of peak torque and claims a maximum range of 400km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQ Brand & EQC SUV
The Mercedes-Benz EQC has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market in April 2020. Once launched in India, the EQC SUV is expected to be priced around Rs 1.4 crore, ex-showroom (India) and will go against rivals such as the Audi e-tron in the Indian market.