- 24 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 59 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- News France: Knife-wielding man shot dead after attacking police in Avignon
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Mercedes-Benz India showcased its entry-level sedan model at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year called the A-Class Limousine. The new model was expected to be launched right after its showcase at the expo in the Indian market.
However, the A-Class Limousine's arrival into the Indian market has been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. According to the latest report from Autocar India, the company is now looking to launch the A-Class sedan by the end of October 2020 in the country.
The report also suggests that Mercedes-Benz would be looking to launch the flagship AMG A35 sedan variant, Initially. The standard petrol and diesel models are expected to be launched at a later date.
This A-Class AMG A35 features an aggressive front bumper, larger side skirts, bigger alloy wheels as compared to standard models. Other additions include a rear diffuser with a boot-lip spoiler and chrome exhaust tips; among others.
On the inside, it follows signature AMG theme with bucket seats, a sporty steering wheel with mounted controls and paddle shifters, a fully-digital instrument console and most of all a blacked-out colour scheme.
The AMG model also receives a premium Burmester surround sound system, LED ambient lighting, a large sunroof and two 10.25-inch screens for infotainment and instrumentation. The sedan also comes equipped with brand's latest MBUX AI assistance with connected technology and more.
Powering the AMG A35 will be a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing a maximum of 304bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission with power going to the front wheels.
Standard petrol and diesel models more or less come equipped with all the features as seen on the AMG version. However, it will feature lower-size wheels with less aggressive exterior design. On the inside, the standard versions of the A-Class Limousine will offer normal seating instead of the sporty bucket-style on the AMG trim.
The standard A-Class sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the ‘A 200' powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 162bhp and the ‘A 180d' powered by a 1.5-litre diesel motor producing 115bhp. Both engines are offered with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT transmission.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz A-Class India Launch Expected By End Of October
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class will the brand's newest entry-level sedan model when launched in the market. The A-Class Limousine will rival against the recently launched BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe and the upcoming Audi A2; among others in the Indian market.