- 11 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 41 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- Movies Producer-Actor Rockline Venkatesh Admitted To Bengaluru Hospital
- Technology Airtel Expands Rs. 99, Rs. 129, And Rs. 199 Prepaid Plans To More Cities
- News PM Modi inaugurates Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh via video conference
- Sports Michael Holding reveals the racism his parents faced
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mercedes-Benz has launched the 2020 AMG GT-R in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-AMG GT-R is available with a price tag starting at Rs 2.48 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new AMG GT-R comes with a number of subtle updates and revisions over the previous model as part of its mid-cycle refresh.
Although visually the new Mercedes-AMG GT-R looks identical to its predecessor, there are a few subtle changes. This includes an updated front bumper with canards on either end, revised LED headlamps, panamericana grille and brake cooling measures.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R also receives a slight update to the design of the rear carbon-fibre wing, AMG performance exhaust system and a much wider rear bumper as well. The updates are however, mostly limited to just the exteriors, with the cabin carrying forward the same design, layout and all the features and equipment from its previous model.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R comes powered by the same 4.0-litre Bi-Turbo V8 engine, which has now been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. It produces 577bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, paired with an AMG Speedshift seven-speed automatic transmission unit.
Performance-wise, the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R claims to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.6 seconds while reaching a top speed of 318km/h. The new AMG GT-R is said to be almost 14kg lighter than the previous model, which combined with the rear-wheel steering feature, makes it even more agile and improves handling.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R launch was part of the brand's first online virtual conference. The new AMG GT-R was introduced in the Indian market alongside the new AMG C 63 Coupe, priced at Rs 1.33 crore — here are the details.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented,
"With a strong market presence, supported by a wide portfolio of performance cars and a dedicated retail network, our AMG strategy has helped us in cementing our market leadership in the luxury performance car segment."
"Encouraging customer demand for our top-end AMGs emerging both from the metro and non-metro markets validates our efforts to introduce new products in the performance segment. Our decision of introducing these two products is aimed at expanding the top-of-the pyramid performance segment, which has witnessed encouraging demand in 2019."
"We are confident that the AMG C 63 Coupé and the AMG GT R will continue to create momentum and further expand the segment."
Martin Schwenk further added, "The launch of two new AMGs reiterates our commitment towards introducing the best of products from our global portfolio. We are confident that both these halo products will further enhance the customer excitement created by the AMG GT 4 Door Coupe, which we launched at the Auto Expo."
"Mercedes' product offensive for the Indian market will continue as we keep exciting our customers not only with fascinating products and services but also with innovative brand experiences."
Thoughts About The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R India Launch
Mercedes-AMG GT-R is one of the most popular Gran Tourer sports cars in the world. The AMG GT-R was introduced years ago and since then has had a number of updates and various versions as well. The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R in India rivals the likes of the Jaguar F-Type and the Porsche 911 series.