- 16 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Sri Lanka Legends Vs South Africa Legends: Preview, Timing, Fantasy Tips
- Movies Divya Dutta On Returning To Set After A Long Time: As An Actor, We Can't Have Our Masks On
- News DMK promises Rs 1,000 cash aid for women family heads in Tamil Nadu if voted to power
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52 Retail Box Surfaces Online Ahead Of Launch: Report
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Mercedes-Benz has launched the 2020 AMG GT-R in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-AMG GT-R is available with a price tag starting at Rs 2.48 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new AMG GT-R comes with a number of subtle updates and revisions over the previous model as part of its mid-cycle refresh.
Although visually the new Mercedes-AMG GT-R looks identical to its predecessor, there are a few subtle changes. This includes an updated front bumper with canards on either end, revised LED headlamps, panamericana grille and brake cooling measures.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R also receives a slight update to the design of the rear carbon-fibre wing, AMG performance exhaust system and a much wider rear bumper as well. The updates are however, mostly limited to just the exteriors, with the cabin carrying forward the same design, layout and all the features and equipment from its previous model.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R comes powered by the same 4.0-litre Bi-Turbo V8 engine, which has now been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. It produces 577bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, paired with an AMG Speedshift seven-speed automatic transmission unit.
Performance-wise, the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R claims to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.6 seconds while reaching a top speed of 318km/h. The new AMG GT-R is said to be almost 14kg lighter than the previous model, which combined with the rear-wheel steering feature, makes it even more agile and improves handling.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R launch was part of the brand's first online virtual conference. The new AMG GT-R was introduced in the Indian market alongside the new AMG C 63 Coupe, priced at Rs 1.33 crore — here are the details.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented,
"With a strong market presence, supported by a wide portfolio of performance cars and a dedicated retail network, our AMG strategy has helped us in cementing our market leadership in the luxury performance car segment."
"Encouraging customer demand for our top-end AMGs emerging both from the metro and non-metro markets validates our efforts to introduce new products in the performance segment. Our decision of introducing these two products is aimed at expanding the top-of-the pyramid performance segment, which has witnessed encouraging demand in 2019."
"We are confident that the AMG C 63 Coupé and the AMG GT R will continue to create momentum and further expand the segment."
Martin Schwenk further added, "The launch of two new AMGs reiterates our commitment towards introducing the best of products from our global portfolio. We are confident that both these halo products will further enhance the customer excitement created by the AMG GT 4 Door Coupe, which we launched at the Auto Expo."
"Mercedes' product offensive for the Indian market will continue as we keep exciting our customers not only with fascinating products and services but also with innovative brand experiences."
Thoughts About The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R India Launch
Mercedes-AMG GT-R is one of the most popular Gran Tourer sports cars in the world. The AMG GT-R was introduced years ago and since then has had a number of updates and various versions as well. The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R in India rivals the likes of the Jaguar F-Type and the Porsche 911 series.