- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is now the fastest production car to go around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, Germany. The recently introduced supercar completed a lap around the famed track with a time of 6 minutes 43.616 seconds. This is 1.3 seconds quicker than the previous lap record, held by the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ.
The official lap time around the Nurburgring was set by Mercedes-AMG GT3 racing driver, Maro Engel. The AMG GT Black Series comes under the street-legal ‘Sport Car' category.
As per the ‘official measured and notarised certified' timing, the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series completed the lap without the T13 Straight in 6 minutes 43.616 seconds, while the complete lap took 6 minutes 48.047 seconds.
As per the track regulations, no modifications were allowed to be made on the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series, beyond what is available on a standard production model. This included extending the front splitter to its ‘Race' position, spoiler positioned at the middle and the adjustable coil-over suspension being lowered by 5mm and 3mm at the front and back, respectively.
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series also came with the hardest setting on the anti-roll bars. Traction control on the supercar was set between six and seven, depending on the driver, while also coming with rollover protection, available as part of the factory Track Package. The supercar also did the timed run on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R MO tyres.
In terms of powertrain, the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is powered by a 4.0-litre TwinTurbo V8 engine. It produces 730bhp and 800Nm of peak torque and is paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Mercedes-AMG claims that the GT Black Series is capable of sprinting to a top speed of 325km/h, with 0 - 100km/h coming up in 3.2 seconds and 0 - 200km/h taking just 9 seconds.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series New Nurburgring Lap Record
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is the most performance-focussed version of the already impressive GT series from the German carmaker. The supercar also marks the return of the ‘Black Series' badge, which was last seen on the iconic SLS AMG model.