- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 8 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 11 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 11 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Mercedes-Benz has announced that its performance AMG line-up of cars will be made in India. The AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé will be the first Mercedes-AMG product that will be rolled out of the assembly line from the company.
AMG is Mercedes-Benz's performance sub-brand currently offers a wide portfolio of performance limousines, performance SUVs, SUV Coupés, and sports car in its wide portfolio in India. This includes the G-Class, C-Class Coupe, GLE Coupe, GT Coupe, and the GT 4-Door Coupe; among others.
Mercedes-Benz India currently produces 10 CKD models across segments in its state-of-the-art production facility in Chakan, Pune. With AMG models now made in India, it will help the company price it aggressively at the time of launch.
The AMG brand has a dedicated retail presence through the AMG Performance Centres located across Indian metros. The AMG performance brand has a leading market share in the performance market in India.
Commenting on this strategic announcement, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India stated, "The AMG brand over the years has become synonymous with performance motoring in India and remains highly aspirational. The decision to locally produce AMG in India underlines Mercedes-Benz's clear roadmap for the Indian market and our long-term commitment to our Indian customers."
"We want AMG to be more accessible to the potential customers and play a bigger role in our overall portfolio we offer in India. This decision is an important milestone towards strengthening our AMG ambitions in India further."
He further added, "The AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé is an important model in our portfolio having the distinction of being one of the highest-selling AMG models in India. We are proud to introduce this dynamic SUV Coupé for our Indian customers now in its ‘made in India' version."
"The addition of the stylish AMG GLC 43 Coupé will further cement our strong position in the performance SUV segment. We are confident, the launch of the locally produced AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé will drive in value and aspiration for our customers and help the dynamic SUV Coupé retain its top preference among the discerning AMG customers."
Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations, Mercedes-Benz India stated, "Our production facility, is a global benchmark in quality and technological advancement in manufacturing, and remains the backbone of our growth story in India. We are highly excited to commence the local manufacturing of AMG in India as it will add a new production milestone in our India journey, further deepening our commitment to the Indian market."
He further added, "The decision to commence localization of the AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé firmly reiterates our significant manufacturing prowess and innovation in manufacturing, developed over the last two decades. We are glad to offer world-class products to our Indian customers with substantial local value addition, in the shortest possible time."
Thoughts About The Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India
Mercedes-Benz has increased its commitment by announcing localization of its AMG performance cars line-up to the Indian market. With made in India AMG cars, customers will benefit from a lower price tag of these performance vehicles in the country. Mercedes-Benz has certainly welcomed the festive season this year in style.