- 5 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Street 750 Prices Reduced: Becomes More Affordable
- 6 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle 'Flair' Variant Spied At Dealership Yard: Launch Expected Soon
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts Around Independence Day: Here Are All The Benefits & Offers Available
- 7 hrs ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- Movies Naseeruddin Shah Starrer Mee Raqsam Trailer Brings To Fore The Father-Daughter Emotional Bond
- Sports England Vs Pakistan, 1st Test, Day 3, Highlights: Ben Stokes strikes late to give hosts fresh hopes
- News In Pics: Rescue operations at Air India Express crash site end; 17 dead
- Technology Netflix User Interface Now Available In Hindi: Here's How To Avail
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked Stunning In Their Purple Sequin Saree?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Finance Delhi Govt Announces Electric Vehicle Policy With Upto Rs 1.5 Lakh Incentive
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) is working on an all-electric variant of the WagonR. The upcoming electric hatchback has been spotted testing several times on the Indian roads. The latest spy images from Rushlane showcase a completely camouflaged mule being tested on the streets of Gurugram in Haryana, once again.
The upcoming Maruti Suzuki WagonR Electric is based on a premium ‘XL5' hatchback. However, we expect the upcoming WagonR electric to launch for commercial use and fleet management. It is also likely to be launched in the Indian market sometime next year.
However, not many details of the electric hatchback have been revealed by the company. But we expect the electric WagonR to borrow most of the design cues from its third-generation gasoline-powered sibling. However, we have noticed a few changes that will be made specific to the WagonR electric.
As seen in the spy pics, the vehicle is being tested under heavy wraps, so none of the bodyline, bumpers or creases is visible properly. However, we can tell that the car is running on 15-inch alloy wheels that are seen on the Ignis. It might not be the same at the time of the launch.
Feature-wise, the electric WagonR is expected to get features such as an all-new front facia with a split-headlamp design and a new grille. The (DRL) Daytime Running Lights are placed next to the grille, while the projector headlamps will be placed on the bumpers. A set of fog lamps that will be placed below the main headlamps.
On the inside, the electric hatchback is expected to carry most of its features from the standard model. This includes a touchscreen infotainment display with the brand's latest SmartPlay connectivity, a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, climate control, and a dual-tone interior theme; among others.
The company is yet to reveal the specifications, range and performance of the electric powertrain of the hatchback. However, the electric hatchback is expected to come with both standard and fast-charging capabilities. Other than this, there is no information about the powertrain.
Thoughts About The Electric WagonR
Since a lot of manufacturers are coming up with EVs, Maruti Suzuki is also looking to bank on the growing demand for electric vehicles in India. The Electric WagonR is being extensively tested before its launch, indicating the company is nearing the launch date.