- 2 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 10 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports Ranji Trophy Semi-finals: Gujarat take on Saurashtra in 'clash of equals'
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestant Chaitra Kottoor Opens Up About Hosting Shantham Paapam
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Maruti Suzuki has launched the WagonR S-CNG BS6 model in the Indian market. The new BS6-compliant Maruti WagonR S-CNG is offered at a starting price of Rs 5.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti WagonR BS6 CNG is offered in two variants: LXi and LXi (O), with the top-spec model priced at Rs 5.32 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The CNG trims of the Maruti WagonR continues to be powered by the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine.
It produces slightly less power and torque figures compared to the regular petrol-powered engine. The CNG-powered Maruti WagonR offers 58bhp at 5500rpm and 78Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Maruti Suzuki claims that the BS6 WagonR CNG offers a fuel-efficiency figure of 32.52km/kg. The CNG model comes with a larger fuel tank capacity of 60-litres.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"Maruti Suzuki has consistently endeavoured to offer sustainable mobility options to customers. With the announcement of Mission Green Million, we have strengthened our commitment towards boosting green mobility in the country."
"The third generation Wagon R is hugely successful and continues the iconic journey of brand Wagon R with more than 24 lakh customers. Strong on looks and performance, the new factory-fitted S-CNG variant offers a perfect balance of drivability, high fuel efficiency, enhanced safety and unmatched convenience."
The Maruti WagonR is among the most popular hatchback offerings in the brand's lineup. The tall boy design of the hatchback offers a large cabin, accentuated by the large windows, giving it airy feel inside.
The third-generation Maruti WagonR also debuted the brand's SmartPlay Studio infotainment system. It also comes with a host of features and equipment, making it an extremely attractive package for its price.
Thoughts On The BS6 Maruti WagonR S-CNG India Launch
The Maruti WagonR now comes equipped with a BS6-compliant S-CNG technology. This technology is factory-fitted equipment offered on various other models in the brand's product lineup, ranging from the entry-level Alto to the Ertiga MPV. The Maruti WagonR rivals the likes of the Hyundai Santro in the Indian market.