- 20 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 21 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Suzuki Swift Sport has been caught undisguised arriving in India at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Spy pics of the Suzuki Swift Sport from BW Autoworld showcase the hot hatch being unloaded at the airport.
Although the hot hatch has been spotted arriving in India, there is very little chance of it being introduced in the Indian market. Maruti Suzuki would have brought in the Swift Sport for internal testing and homologation processes.
The Suzuki Swift Sport is an extremely capable hatchback. It features the same HEARTECT platform as on the standard Swift available in the Indian market. The Swift Sport is powered by Suzuki's 1.4-litre BoosterJet turbo-petrol engine.
It produces 138bhp at 5,500rpm and 230Nm of peak torque between 2,500 - 3,500rpm, paired with a six-speed manual sending power to the front wheels. The hot hatch from Suzuki also claims impressive performance as well, with a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 8 seconds. Top speed of the Suzuki Swift Sport is limited to 210km/h.
The Suzuki Swift Sport takes on the Volkswagen Polo GTI, which was available in limited numbers in India as well. If Maruti Suzuki does plan to get the Swift Sport to the Indian market, it will most likely be imported as a CBU unit and will be priced at a premium.
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on bringing the Jimny to the Indian market. The Suzuki Jimny was first showcased in India at the Auto Expo 2020. Maruti Suzuki recently confirmed their plans of bringing the Jimny to India sometime later this year. The SUV will arrive in its 5-door avatar, with a number of changes made to better suit the Indian market.
There are also reports which suggest the Jimny could be named ‘Gypsy' in India. However, Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm or make any official statement regarding this. The Suzuki Jimny will be introduced as a premium SUV and sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships across India.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Swift Sport Spied In India
Maruti Suzuki has very little success with performance-oriented models in the Indian market. Certain models such as the Kizashi and the Baleno RS failed miserably in the Indian market and have been discontinued entirely as well. With this trend in mind, it is very unlikely that Maruti will bring in the Swift Sport as well.