- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- News No decision to discontinue printing of Rs 2,000 note: Govt
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Reveals Ranveer Singh Was His Choice For Bombay Velvet; Studios Didn’t Believe In Him
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki's premium dealership chain, Nexa, will be receiving a new model soon in the market. It will be the BS6 iteration of the S-Cross crossover hatchback that is expected to launch in the coming days.
The upcoming 2020 S-Cross will be sold as a petrol-only model replacing the diesel engine that was available in its BS4 counterpart. The company has begun accepting pre-bookings for the soon-to-be-launched car for a token amount of Rs 11,000.
According to latest images shared by Gaadiwaadi, it reveals 2020 S-Cross arriving at dealer yard ahead of its launch in the country. It indicates that deliveries could begin soon after its launch on August 5, 2020.
Maruti Suzuki is expected to offer the 2020 S-Cross in seven variants. This includes four trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha, Delta AT, Zeta AT, and Alpha AT. Customers looking for automatic powertrain can choose between three different trim levels.
Along with multiple variants, the S-Cross will be offered with a total of five colour options: blue, brown, grey, white and silver. The BS4 S-Cross retailed between Rs 8.80 lakh and Rs 11.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect prices for the BS6 models to be similar.
The 2020 S-Cross will undergo slight design revisions inside and out. Changes on the exterior include new LED headlamps, tail lamps, alloy wheels and more. However, the overall design and silhouette will remain unchanged.
Interiors of the soon-to-be-launched hatchback will undergo slight revision. The biggest change will be the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and voice commands. The 2020 S-Cross could also be revised with new upholstery giving it a more premium look and feel.
The S-Cross BS6 model will be powered by Suzuki's 1.5-litre petrol engine, with the brand's ‘SHVS' mild-hybrid technology. The same engine is currently powering other models in the brand's line-up such as the Ertiga, the Ciaz and the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV.
The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The company will offer an optional four-speed torque-converter as well. There will be no diesel engine on offer as the company has decided to discontinue the powertrain that was featured on the BS4 models.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross is expected to be placed between the Baleno premium hatchback and the Ciaz premium sedan. The company is looking to massively expand its Nexa model lin-up by introducing a couple of new vehicles in the coming years.
The S-Cross has been a popular choice among the enthusiast motorists in the country. Whether the petrol-only approach will be accepted by the niche market that the model caters to, remains to be seen.