- 3 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 4 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 6 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 6 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Movies KBC 12: Amitabh Bachchan Praises Contestant Ankita Singh Who Is The Sole Breadwinner Of Her Family
- Sports Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League - Conte
- News NIA files charge sheet in Hizbul Mujahideen narco-terror case
- Lifestyle What Are Pregnancy Dreams? Types, Causes And Tips To Avoid
- Finance EPFO Says Subscriber Base Growth Data For Aug Suggests "Return To Normalcy"
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 Review: Fits The Budget Perfectly
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
- Education Sainik School Admission 2021: NTA Starts AISSEE 2021 Registration At aissee.nta.nic.in
Maruti Suzuki XL6 registers over 25,000 units sold since its launch in the Indian market. The MPV was launched in August 2019 and is part of the brand's luxury Nexa dealership network. The XL6 has achieved a new sales milestone for Maruti Suzuki.
The company stated that the addition of the XL6 has helped Maruti Suzuki to attain leadership position in the MPV segment with a market share of 51 per cent. The XL6 itself holds nearly 14 per cent market share in India's premium MPV segment, according to the company.
Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said "There is a significant increase in demand for premium MPVs owing to the ever-evolving customer needs. XL6 stands strong with its feature-rich package of style, space, comfort, performance and safety to offer an unmatched and smooth driving experience."
Maruti Suzuki currently sells the Ertiga, the XL6 and the Eeco models in its MPV segment, which constitutes to 51 per cent of total market share. The Ertiga is among the best-selling models for the brand and the company has used the same platform to spawn a more premium XL6 MPV in the country.
Although both share the same platform and most of the features, there are a few difference in design and equipment. The XL6 features more aggressive styling as compared to the Ertiga. It comes with all-around black body cladding, and a new front grille, faux skid plates at both ends and blacked-out alloy wheels; among others.
The XL6 also features quad-LED headlamps, LED DRLs, and LED split-tail lamps. The boot lid also features a black trim that connects both tail lamps at either end.
On the inside, the Maruti Suzuki XL6's highlighted feature has to be the six-seater configuration with captain seats for the middle row passengers. The MPV also features an all-black cabin with stone finish interior and faux leather upholstery.
It also features a semi-digital instrument cluster, a 7.0-inch SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, a leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, leather upholstery, rear AC vents, cruise control and more.
Safety features on the MPV include dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, reverse parking sensors, a high-speed warning alert, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ABS with EBS, ESP, and a hill-hold function.
The XL6 is powered by the 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) mild-hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 103bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 138Nm at 4400rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed transmission or a four-speed torque converter automatic.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 is available in four variants and retails at a starting price of Rs 9.84 lakh. While the top-spec automatic variant costs Rs 11.51 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki XL6 25,000 Units Sold Within A Year Of Launch
Maruti Suzuki decided to launch the XL6 for buyers looking for a more premium alternative to the Ertiga. The XL6 offers more modern styling with a premium cabin feel that has attracted the buyers in the segment. Additionally, the company also provides the premium Nexa dealership experience to the XL6 buyers and customers.