- 20 min ago Royal Enfield Classic 350 Modified Into A Bobber: Read More To Find Out
- 1 hr ago MV Agusta Brutale 800 SCS Unveiled: Details, Specs, Colours, And Expected Price
- 1 hr ago 2021 Kawasaki Z1000 Unveiled: Could Arrive In India Later This Year
- 2 hrs ago Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Bugatti Centodieci Worth Euros 8.5 Million
- Movies Angad Bedi On Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl Receiving Backlash: It's My Film Too; The Flak's Unfair
- Sports BCCI invite bids for kit sponsor and official merchandising partner rights
- Lifestyle Pregnancy Brain Is Not A Myth! Read On To Know About Momnesia And Ways To Manage It
- News Ayodhya Ram Mandir Temple Bhumi Pujan: First look of invitation card
- Finance Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Accounts Cross 40 Crore Mark
- Technology Realme V5 5G Announced: Price, Specs, Features And More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki has been working on a premium version of the popular WagonR hatchback for the Indian market, the Maruti XL5. The car has been spotted testing earlier many times on the Indian roads.
Some latest spy pics of the XL5, clicked by Carandbike has been surfing the internet. The car was spotted testing in Gurugram. The new photos reveal that the XL5 is being tested under heavy wraps but once can tell that Maruti Suzuki has tweaked to the car. The car gets a split headlamp setup, a tweaked air dam on the front bumper, with the fog lamps positioned on either end, a sleek grille, and some small changes at the rear to make it look slightly different than the Wagon R. Although the XL5 also gets 15-inch alloy wheels, the overall silhouette looks very similar to the Wagon R.
On the inside, as seen from the previous spy pics, the Maruti Suzuki XL5 will feature a similar cabin design and layout as seen on the standard Wagon R. Some features in the XL5 will be getting a climate control air-con unit and the 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
In terms of engine options, the new Maruti XL5 is likely to be powered by a BS6 compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol unit, which also powers the WagonR. Power output will remain the same at 82bhp of power and 114Nm of peak torque. It will come paired with the same five-speed manual transmission with the optional AGS automatic gearbox also on offer.
The Maruti XL5 will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships. The car will be sold as an entry-level model at the Nexa premium division, which also sells the Ignis, Baleno, S-Cross and the XL6 models.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki XL5
The Maruti Suzuki XL5 will be introduced and sold as a premium version of the standard Wagon R. As far as the pricing is concerned, the standard Wagon R retails between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.95 lakh (ex-showroom), so we can expect the XL5 to be priced slightly higher. The Maruti Suzuki XL5 is likely to launch in 2021.