- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago KTM Duke 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.09 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Ampere Vehicles Partners With Autovert Technologies: Offers Battery Subscription Plan For EVs
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Teaser Video Released Ahead Of Official Unveil On Independence Day
- News Udupi misses votary of Ram Janmabhoomi movement
- Sports Steve Smith happy about retaining Ashes but disappointed to have drawn the series to England
- Movies Tollywood Pop Singer Smita Tests Positive For COVID-19 Despite Staying At Home For 5 Months
- Lifestyle We Are Sure You Would Want To Bookmark Dia Mirza’s Cotton Muslin Jamdani Saree
- Technology Poco Teases Rival Smartphone Of OnePlus Nord: Everything We Know So Far
- Finance HP Starts Manufacturing Operations Near Chennai Facility
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki has been working on a premium version of the popular WagonR hatchback for the Indian market, the Maruti XL5. The car has been spotted testing earlier many times on the Indian roads.
Some latest spy pics of the XL5, clicked by Carandbike has been surfing the internet. The car was spotted testing in Gurugram. The new photos reveal that the XL5 is being tested under heavy wraps but once can tell that Maruti Suzuki has tweaked to the car. The car gets a split headlamp setup, a tweaked air dam on the front bumper, with the fog lamps positioned on either end, a sleek grille, and some small changes at the rear to make it look slightly different than the Wagon R. Although the XL5 also gets 15-inch alloy wheels, the overall silhouette looks very similar to the Wagon R.
On the inside, as seen from the previous spy pics, the Maruti Suzuki XL5 will feature a similar cabin design and layout as seen on the standard Wagon R. Some features in the XL5 will be getting a climate control air-con unit and the 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
In terms of engine options, the new Maruti XL5 is likely to be powered by a BS6 compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol unit, which also powers the WagonR. Power output will remain the same at 82bhp of power and 114Nm of peak torque. It will come paired with the same five-speed manual transmission with the optional AGS automatic gearbox also on offer.
The Maruti XL5 will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships. The car will be sold as an entry-level model at the Nexa premium division, which also sells the Ignis, Baleno, S-Cross and the XL6 models.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki XL5
The Maruti Suzuki XL5 will be introduced and sold as a premium version of the standard Wagon R. As far as the pricing is concerned, the standard Wagon R retails between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.95 lakh (ex-showroom), so we can expect the XL5 to be priced slightly higher. The Maruti Suzuki XL5 is likely to launch in 2021.