- 3 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz India Sales Registers New Record This Festive Season: Here Are The Details
- 7 hrs ago New Bajaj CT100 ‘Kadak’ Motorcycle Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 46,432
- Sports Elite strikers headline UFC return to Las Vegas on October 31
- Movies Parzaan Dastur, Silent Kid From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Is All Set To Get Married!
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens
- News ‘Hurt patriotic sentiments’: 3 PDP leaders quit Mehbooba Mufti's party over flag remark
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG production crosses 3 lakh units mark. The hatchback has achieved a new milestone for the brand and has become the highest-selling CNG vehicle in the country.
The CNG variant of the most loved tallboy hatchback WagonR has surpassed 3 Lakh units in sales, making it the most successful CNG car across all passenger vehicle segments. The company has sold over 24 lakh units in total since its first launch in India.
According to the company, due to its bold design, high seating, enhanced space and high utility, 24 per cent of customers have chosen WagonR again. Maruti Suzuki currently offers a factory-fitted CNG variant with the Alto, the WagonR, the Eeco, and the Ertiga for private vehicles.
Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Constantly featured amongst India's top 10 cars for nearly two decades, Maruti Suzuki WagonR continues to be the undisputed market leader in its segment. Since its debut in 1999, WagonR has over 24 Lakh happy customers and it's the first car for nearly half of them. The iconic car from Maruti Suzuki continues to feature among the top 5 best-selling cars in India since 2000."
He further added, "The milestone of 3 Lakh sales of WagonR S-CNG is yet another testament to the immense faith bestowed on us by our loyal customers. Maruti Suzuki has persistently strived to offer sustainable mobility options to its customers. We take this opportunity to thank our trusted customers for their relentless support to make WagonR S-CNG the largest selling CNG fuelled car in India."
Maruti WagonR is powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 58bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 78Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Maruti Suzuki S-CNG cars come equipped with Dual Interdependent ECU with Intelligent Injection System. It ensures better and consistent performance along with high fuel efficiency across all terrains.
WagonR is engineered and built on the 5th generation HEARTECT platform. The platform increases the safety of occupants through effective absorption of impact and dispersion of crash energy and assures stability.
Safety features including Driver airbag, ABS (antilock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), front seat belts reminder, speed alert system and rear parking sensors are standard across variants.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR offers enhanced practicality in terms of space due to its tall riding stance as compared to other conventional hatchback models sold in the country. With a factory-fitted CNG kit, customers will also be saving a lot of money as CNG cars are more fuel-efficient than petrol or diesel powered vehicles.