- 1 hr ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Ola Lays Off 1,400 Employees As Part Of Major Downsizing Operation
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- Movies AbRam Khan's Lockdown Birthday Celebrations : His 'Favourite Person' SRK Reads Scary Stories To Him
- Lifestyle Did You Know That The Way You Sit Can Impact Your Health?
- Finance How To Book Slots On Kerala's Liquor Delivery App 'BevQ'?
- News Nearly 23 lakh people in quarantine across India: Govt estimates
- Sports Virat Kohli has the best footwork, he brilliantly uses the crease: Priyam Garg
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Series Bags TENNA Certification; Key Features Tipped
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), is developing a new five-door variant of their Jimny off-road SUV. We could expect the company to launch the Jimny off-road SUV in India sometime next year.
According to Autocar India, the company is developing a five-door variant of the Jimny off-road SUV for the Indian market. As a result, the plucky three-door Jimny will be made longer to accommodate two more doors.
Initially, the company had no plans to introduce its Jimny off-road SUV in India. This is because the company felt that the demand for three-door off-road SUVs is less and very niche in India.
However, all this changed when Maruti decided to showcase the Jimny at the 2020 AutoExpo. The SUV created a lot of buzz even before it entered India at the AutoExpo and was also awarded 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year. After getting an amazing response at the 2020 AutoExpo the company has decided to introduce the Jimny SUV in India.
We expect the Jimny off-road SUV to be powered by a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engine, that is currently featured on the Maruti Ciaz. The engine produces 103.2 bhp and 138Nm of torque, and comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit.
The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
The production of the three-door Jimny is set to commence at the company's Hansalpur plant in Gujarat, by June 2020, with the entire batch marked for export. The manufacturing of the five-door Jimny is expected to commence by December 2020 for India and export markets.
Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the Mahindra Thar, and the Force Gurkha, both of which are being introduced with new versions in the coming months. We expect Maruti to retail the Jimny five-door with prices starting just under Rs 10 lakh ex-showroom, and will be sold at the company's Nexa outlets.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Five-Door Under Development For Indian Market
Maruti Suzuki Jimny with five-doors is more practical than a three-door. The company believes that the three-door version won't suit in the Indian market. However, the Mahindra Thar, the Force Gurkha and the all-mighty Maruti Suzuki Jypsy are all three-door off-road SUVs in India and have sold in good numbers. Whether the three-door Jimny will be offered as an option remains to be seen. For now, we just rejoice at the fact that the Jimny is coming to India.