- 4 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- 7 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz India Sales Registers New Record This Festive Season: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago New Bajaj CT100 ‘Kadak’ Motorcycle Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 46,432
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- News Storm in favour of Grand Alliance now in Bihar similar to that for Modi in 2014: Congress
- Sports Alisson declares himself '100 per cent fit' after making swift injury recovery
- Movies Parzaan Dastur, Silent Kid From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Is All Set To Get Married!
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
We already know that Maruti Suzuki is working on launching the Jimny SUV model in India. Based on the feedback received by potential customers, the company is also looking to produce a five-door version of the SUV for the Indian market.
According to recent reports from Times Now, the company is looking to make India an exclusive production hub for Jimny SUV. The automaker aims to produce both the three-door and the five-door Jimny models with locally sourced parts by 2022-23.
The reports also suggest that Maruti Suzuki to have already approached some Indian vendors in the past 6 months, to source parts for the upcoming five-door Jimny. The company could be assessing the feasibility for manufacturing the off-road SUV in the country.
The reason behind the move could be to support the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat' movement, which is currently becoming a trend in the country. This will help boost business for local vendors and also help the company to price the product aggressively.
However, the Jimny will initially be assembled with the company importing the parts to the country. Only the three-door version of the off-road SUV is expected to be assembled in India. While the five-door version of the Jimny will be manufactured here and could also be exclusively sold only in the Indian market.
We expect the Jimny off-road SUV to be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, that currently powers a host of models in India. It produces 103.2 bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India
Maruti Suzuki Jimny is among the most anticipated vehicles launches in the Indian market. Right from its first appearance at the 2020 Auto Expo, the off-road SUV has created a huge buzz in the country. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the 2020 Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.