- 1 hr ago Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Announce Partnership For Indian Market: Here Are The Details
- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Connected Car Technology Launched In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Spotted Testing For First Time Ahead Of Launch In India: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 India Launch Date Announced: Bookings Now Open Across India For Rs 21,000
- Sports IPL 2020: Three held for cricket betting in Bengaluru
- Finance Tentative Record Date To Participate In TCS Buyback
- Movies KBC 12: Amitabh Bachchan Surprised By Contestant’s Joke On What He Will Use The Prize Money For
- News Secy of State Pompeo, Defence Secy Esper call on PM Modi, convey US interest in strengthening ties
- Technology Reliance Jio Launches JioMart Gameathon; How To Register
- Lifestyle A Suitable Boy Actress Tanya Maniktala Inspires Us To Update Our Wardrobe With Modern Festive Wear
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2020 Declared, Check Result Link And Merit List
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it has sold over 7 lakh Eeco units in the India market. The MPV has achieved a new sales milestone for the brand in 10 years of its production. The Eeco caters to both private and commercial segment in the country.
The Eeco was first launched in 2010 and registered over 1 lakh units sales within just two years of its launch in the country. The MPV followed up by registering another 1 lakh units sold by the end of 2014 financial year.
It was instantly recognized as an ideal vehicle for delivering cargo for commercial use. Catering to the demand, Maruti Suzuki launched a variant called the Eeco Cargo for the commercial segment in 2015.
It rapidly increased the sales of the Eeco MPV and registered 1 lakh units sales for the next three years. This meant by the end of 2018, the Eeco achieved its 5 lakh units sales milestone for the brand. Fast-forwarding to the current year, the MPV continues its streak of registering 1 lakh unit sales for Maruti Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki has given the BS6 update to the Eeco MPV to comply with the latest emission standards in the country. The new Maruti Eeco BS6 is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.64 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
It is available for private customers in either a five or seven-seater configurations and comes in a total of 12 variants. Maruti Suzuki also offers the Eeco in Cargo and Ambulance options for commercial use.
The Eeco also becomes compliant to the latest crash norms followed in India. It features all the safety equipment needed to comply with new norms including dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warnings and more.
The Eeco is powered by a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder engine that produces 72bhp and 98Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The company also offers the Eeco with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The engine in CNG mode produces 61bhp and 85Nm of peak torque. In CNG mode the company claims the Eeco will return a mileage of 20.88km/kg.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Eeco's 7 Lakh Unit Sales
The Eeco has been among the top sellers for the brand in the Indian market. The MPV features a versatile design that suits both private and commercial vehicle buyers. It is also easy to maintain with low running costs and enhanced fuel efficiency making for a hassle-free ownership experience.