- 40 min ago Honda Hornet 2.0 Review (First Ride): Best Handling Motorcycle In The Segment?
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- 1 day ago KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- 1 day ago MoRTH: Only BIS-Certified Helmets (With ISI Mark) To Be Sold In India From 1st Of June 2021
- News Bengal Governor may soon ask TMC to prove majority in assembly, says BJP MP
- Movies Three Generations Of Deols In Apne 2: Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol And Karan Deol Team Up For The Sequel
- Sports Greg Barclay speaks: 'India is a massively important part of ICC, world cricket'
- Technology Realme Ace Tipped To Launch With 125W UltraDart Charging Tech, SD 875 Chipset
- Finance What Is The difference Between Equity Mutual Funds And Shares?
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga’s Exotic Make-Up Look Marked By Three Eye Shadow Colours Is Striking!
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback sales cross 8 lakh milestone mark since its inception in the country. The premium hatchback was added to the company's portfolio back in 2015, and was among the first models to be sold in the brand's Nexa Experience premium retail store.
Within a year of its launch in the Indian market, the Baleno had achieved 1 lakh sale milestone for the brand back in 2016. Predicting the market trend in recent times, Maruti Suzuki launched a CVT automatic gearbox option on the Baleno in 2017.
One year later in 2018, the premium hatchback from the company achieved a massive milestone of 5 lakh customers in just three years from its first launch in the market. Last year, Maruti Suzuki introduced its ‘SHVS' Smart-Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid system on the hatchback with the 1.2-litre Jet Dual VVT engine.
Due to the stringent BS6 norms approaching, Maruti Suzuki had to ditch the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine and the 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine. As a result, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is currently being sold with a single 1.2-litre petrol engine in two different states of tune and technology.
Fast-forwarding to 2020, the sales for Baleno is as strong as ever despite losing its turbo-petrol and diesel engine options. The premium-hatchback is currently chosen by over 8 lakh customers across the globe.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India, and is exported to many overseas markets such as Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle-East and South-East Asia. Baleno is also the part of the strategic partnership between Suzuki and Toyota, who is selling the premium hatchback in the name of Glaza.
Speaking on the success of Baleno Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "India's most loved premium hatchback, Maruti Suzuki Baleno has a very special place in our portfolio. With its bold and premium design, cutting edge technology and feature-rich offering, Baleno has helped us cement our position in the premium hatchback segment. Baleno is also instrumental in giving recognition to our NEXA channel."
He added, "Baleno helped us bring new customers to the Maruti Suzuki family. The bold persona, next-generation smart hybrid technology, distinctive liquid-flow design, cutting edge technology features and superior performance makes it a winner. The timely innovations in Baleno are aligned to the changing aspirations of evolved India. This significant milestone of 8 Lakh delighted customers within a short span of 5 years is a testament of our customer-centric philosophy at the core of Baleno's conceptualization."
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crossing 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark
Maruti Suzuki Baleno is currently being sold through Nexa premium dealership chain giving an enhanced buying and ownership experience. Like all Maruti Suzuki models, the Baleno provides hassle-free ownership due to its low cost of maintenance and reliability making it the best-selling premium hatchback in the country.