- 7 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 15 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback sales cross 8 lakh milestone mark since its inception in the country. The premium hatchback was added to the company's portfolio back in 2015, and was among the first models to be sold in the brand's Nexa Experience premium retail store.
Within a year of its launch in the Indian market, the Baleno had achieved 1 lakh sale milestone for the brand back in 2016. Predicting the market trend in recent times, Maruti Suzuki launched a CVT automatic gearbox option on the Baleno in 2017.
One year later in 2018, the premium hatchback from the company achieved a massive milestone of 5 lakh customers in just three years from its first launch in the market. Last year, Maruti Suzuki introduced its ‘SHVS' Smart-Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid system on the hatchback with the 1.2-litre Jet Dual VVT engine.
Due to the stringent BS6 norms approaching, Maruti Suzuki had to ditch the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine and the 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine. As a result, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is currently being sold with a single 1.2-litre petrol engine in two different states of tune and technology.
Fast-forwarding to 2020, the sales for Baleno is as strong as ever despite losing its turbo-petrol and diesel engine options. The premium-hatchback is currently chosen by over 8 lakh customers across the globe.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India, and is exported to many overseas markets such as Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle-East and South-East Asia. Baleno is also the part of the strategic partnership between Suzuki and Toyota, who is selling the premium hatchback in the name of Glaza.
Speaking on the success of Baleno Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "India's most loved premium hatchback, Maruti Suzuki Baleno has a very special place in our portfolio. With its bold and premium design, cutting edge technology and feature-rich offering, Baleno has helped us cement our position in the premium hatchback segment. Baleno is also instrumental in giving recognition to our NEXA channel."
He added, "Baleno helped us bring new customers to the Maruti Suzuki family. The bold persona, next-generation smart hybrid technology, distinctive liquid-flow design, cutting edge technology features and superior performance makes it a winner. The timely innovations in Baleno are aligned to the changing aspirations of evolved India. This significant milestone of 8 Lakh delighted customers within a short span of 5 years is a testament of our customer-centric philosophy at the core of Baleno's conceptualization."
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crossing 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark
Maruti Suzuki Baleno is currently being sold through Nexa premium dealership chain giving an enhanced buying and ownership experience. Like all Maruti Suzuki models, the Baleno provides hassle-free ownership due to its low cost of maintenance and reliability making it the best-selling premium hatchback in the country.