- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Maruti Suzuki has announced that they have sold over 2 lakh units via their online sales platform in the Indian market. The company announced that their digital channels now cover over 1000 dealerships across the country.
The recent 2 lakh units of online sales from Maruti Suzuki is said to be from April 2019. While Maruti Suzuki did start accepting online bookings from 2017, over the past couple of years, they have witnessed a five-fold increase in digital enquiries, which has allowed them to expand.
The company since April 2019 has managed to register 2 lakh units of sales and 21 lakh customer enquiries, accounting to 20% of the brand's total sales in the domestic market. Maruti Suzuki also stated that with the COVID-19 lockdown in India, over the past 5 months itself, their digital platform now contributes to over 33 per cent of the total enquiries.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"Nearly 95% of new car sales in India are digitally influenced as per the Google Auto Gear Shift India 2020 Report. Customers first research online and then buy at the physical dealerships. While online experience provides the complete spectrum of information to the customers, at the last mile the customers seek assurance of the deal from their trusted dealer advisors.
Interestingly, customers who enquire through our digital channel end up purchasing a car within 10 days. This reaffirms that with a robust online to offline platform executed by a digitally enabled salesforce, converting digital enquiries into sales becomes easier.
Since the introduction of this new digital channel in 2018, we have witnessed three times increase in digital enquiries and recorded sales of over 2 lakh units since April 2019. This digital channel has helped to generate over 21 lakh customer enquiries."
He further added, "We witnessed a two-fold increase in ‘Near Me' customer searches for Maruti Suzuki dealers. Our investment to create a hyper-local platform is to help customers discover faster and connect to their nearest dealers. This initiative has seen rapid growth in recent times. In the last 2 years, we have integrated over 1000 dealerships across 3000 online touchpoints in this digital transformation journey."
Maruti Suzuki also stated that they are also working on improving the digital marketing capabilities of their dealer partners across the country. The company is offering training to dealer partners on their online sales platform as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Online Sales Milestone
Maruti Suzuki has expanded their online sales platform exponentially in the Indian market. The company now offers an extensive number of options online, allowing their tech-savvy customers to book, customise and purchase their cars from the comfort of their homes.