- 1 hr ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 4 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Sports Ronaldo left out of Juve squad for Coppa Italia tie
- News Soil health, post-harvest management major concern areas; Rs 1 lakh cr fund to address these issues: Tomar
- Movies Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Co-Stars Neil Bhatt And Aishwarya Sharma Get Engaged, Share Roka Pictures
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Maruti Suzuki has announced the achievement of a new sales milestone of its popular MPV, the Ertiga in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV has managed to cross 5.5 lakh units of sales in the Indian market over the past 8 years.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently the best-selling MPV in the country. The MPV brings in consistent sales volume month-on-month, which has allowed the Ertiga to lead the segment for the last two years.
The Maruti Ertiga MPV is currently in its second-generation version. The new-generation model of the MPV was launched back in November 2018 and came with a completely fresh design, both on the exterior and interior; giving it a much needed upmarket feel.
The second-generation Ertiga also came with larger dimensions, host of new features, equipment and a more powerful petrol engine. In 2019, Maruti Suzuki introduced an even more premium six-seater version of the MPV, called the XL6. This premium version is available exclusively via the brand's NEXA dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV was first launched in India back in 2012. The first-generation iteration of the MPV was offered with a choice of petrol, diesel and even CNG variant. While the diesel engine has thus been discontinued, the MPV now in its second generation does come powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine and a CNG-powered option as well.
The 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The CNG-powered MPV produces slightly lower power and torque figures at 91bhp and 122Nm and is mated to a manual gearbox as standard.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director - Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said,
"Over the years, brand Ertiga has redefined the notion of utilitarian MPVs with its sharp style, space, comfort, safety and host of technology features. As India's first compact MPV, Ertiga continues to build a legacy of innovation."
"The remarkable milestone of 5.5 lakh sales is a testimony of its success. While making a purchase decision, customers often cross-consider MPVs with UVs. Despite being cross-considered with top-selling UVs in the country, Ertiga has dominated the market and increased its market share in the segment."
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Sales Milestone
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the best-selling MPV in the country. It rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra Marazzo and the Renault Triber in the segment.