- 5 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 11 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 14 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Maruti Suzuki has launched the BS6-compliant Eeco in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS6 is priced at Rs 3.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS6 comes with minimal changes apart from the updates to its engine.
The Eeco continues to be powered by an updated version of the same 1.2-litre petrol engine. This engine is also used on a number of other Maruti Suzuki products as well.
The engine produces 73bhp and 98 Nm of peak torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox. The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is also offered with a CNG variant as well. The Eeco CNG claims to offer better fuel efficiency figures of 21.8km/l.
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is offered in a number of different variants, including a Cargo trim in the Indian market. The Eeco was first launched in the country, back in 2010 and since then is said to have registered over 6.5 lakh units of sales.
The Maruti Eeco is targeted at conventional Indian middle-class family. The Cargo variant of the Eeco is aimed towards intra-city logistics and transportation, along with supporting small scale business as well.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Sales & Marketing, MSIL, stated:
"At Maruti Suzuki, we are committed to providing reliable mobility solutions to our customers. Introduction of the BS6 in Eeco will further bolster our commitment towards a cleaner environment."
"A decade since its launch, Eeco continues to attract 84% pre-determined buyers, and has been appreciated for its stylish and spacious design and low cost of maintenance. With over 50 per cent of the consumers choosing the vehicle for business utility as well as a family transport vehicle, the versatile Eeco offers uncompromised comfort and safety."
"We are confident to sustain a strong foothold in the segment with Eeco and would like to thank our customers for their constant support."
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS6
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is the only van offering in the Indian market, after the discontinuation of the Omni. The Maruti Eeco has been performing extremely well for the brand in the Indian market, consistently among the top-10 best-selling cars in the country. The launch of the BS6 model, confirms that Maruti Suzuki has no plans to discontinue the model just yet.