- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 5 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 9 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- News Chhattisgarh naxal encounter: 1 CoBRA commando killed, another injured
- Sports AFC Cup, Preview: 'Tired' Bengaluru FC face Maldivian Side Maziya in play-offs first leg
- Finance Yes Bank To Be Out Of Nifty From 27 March; Vodafone Idea To Be Dropped From Nifty Next 50
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Will Be Working With Karan Johar After 20 Years In Takht!
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has just introduced the Ciaz S in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ciaz S trim is based on the top-spec 'Alpha' variant and comes with a BS6-compliant engine. The new Maruti Ciaz S BS6 is offered with a price tag of Rs 10.08 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S comes with a host of exterior and interior cosmetic changes, offering a more sporty appearance to the C-segment sedan in the Indian market. The new Ciaz S is offered in three paint schemes: Premium Silver, Snow White and Sangria Red.
Other cosmetic changes on the new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S include blacked-out ORVMs, 16-inch alloy wheels now finished in black, a new spoiler on the boot lid and a slightly updated fog lamp housing as well.
The changes aren't restricted to just the exteriors, the new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S also comes with a number of sporty updates to its interior cabin as well, which includes a new black and silver premium accents on the dashboard, door trims and the instrument cluster.
The Maruti Ciaz S is also the latest product from the brand to feature a BS6-compliant engine. The Maruti Ciaz S uses the BS6-compliant 1.5-litre K15-series petrol engine, which also powers the likes of the Ertiga MPV.
The BS6 petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated either to a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The engine also comes with Maruti Suzuki's SHVS ‘Smart mild-hybrid' technology as well.
Apart from the above changes, the Ciaz remains pretty much the same otherwise. Being based on the top-spec ‘Alpha' trim it gets all the bells and whistles in terms of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, keyless entry, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, automatic climate control and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S Launch In India
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S Sport trim is the eleventh product from the brand to comply with the BS6 emission norms. The Ciaz S is aimed to help Maruti Suzuki improve sales in the Indian C-segment sedan market, rivalling the likes of the Honda City, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento.