- 34 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- News With 159 new cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally crosses 1,200 mark
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has just introduced the Ciaz S in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ciaz S trim is based on the top-spec 'Alpha' variant and comes with a BS6-compliant engine. The new Maruti Ciaz S BS6 is offered with a price tag of Rs 10.08 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S comes with a host of exterior and interior cosmetic changes, offering a more sporty appearance to the C-segment sedan in the Indian market. The new Ciaz S is offered in three paint schemes: Premium Silver, Snow White and Sangria Red.
Other cosmetic changes on the new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S include blacked-out ORVMs, 16-inch alloy wheels now finished in black, a new spoiler on the boot lid and a slightly updated fog lamp housing as well.
The changes aren't restricted to just the exteriors, the new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S also comes with a number of sporty updates to its interior cabin as well, which includes a new black and silver premium accents on the dashboard, door trims and the instrument cluster.
The Maruti Ciaz S is also the latest product from the brand to feature a BS6-compliant engine. The Maruti Ciaz S uses the BS6-compliant 1.5-litre K15-series petrol engine, which also powers the likes of the Ertiga MPV.
The BS6 petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated either to a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The engine also comes with Maruti Suzuki's SHVS ‘Smart mild-hybrid' technology as well.
Apart from the above changes, the Ciaz remains pretty much the same otherwise. Being based on the top-spec ‘Alpha' trim it gets all the bells and whistles in terms of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, keyless entry, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, automatic climate control and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S Launch In India
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S Sport trim is the eleventh product from the brand to comply with the BS6 emission norms. The Ciaz S is aimed to help Maruti Suzuki improve sales in the Indian C-segment sedan market, rivalling the likes of the Honda City, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento.