- 1 hr ago Toyota To Launch The Limited-Edition Fortuner In India Soon
- 8 hrs ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Power & Torque Figures Revealed: Becomes Less Powerful
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol-Hybrid Details Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago New Hyundai Elantra Official Walkaround Video Released: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Best 17 inch Screen Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Sushmita Sen To Make Acting Comeback And Digital Debut With Ram Madhvani’s Web Series Titled Aarya
- News UN Security Council to discuss COVID-19 pandemic in closed session today
- Sports Coronavirus: World Athletics suspends Olympics qualification period until December
- Lifestyle 7 Things You Should Know About The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Finance Get Doorstep Delivery Of Cash From Your Bank A/c In Kerala From April 8 Amid Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the diesel powertrain from its Ciaz sedan in the Indian market. The Maruti Ciaz diesel will no longer be available in the market, with the company having unlisted the option from their official website as well.
The diesel powertrain on the Maruti Ciaz came in the form of a 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit. It produced 94bhp and 225Nm of peak torque and was paired with a six-speed manual gearbox.
The discontinuation of the powertrain from the Ciaz is part of Maruti Suzuki's plans to phase out diesel engines by April 2020. However, the company did mention that they could BS6-compliant diesel engines if there is a good demand for it.
With the discontinuation of the diesel powertrain, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is now offered with a single BS6-compliant petrol engine. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit producing 103bhp and 138Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or four-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Apart from the discontinuation of the diesel engine on the Ciaz, no other changes have been made. Maruti Suzuki recently introduced a sportier version of the sedan, called the Ciaz S.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S is based on the top-spec ‘Alpha' variant and is offered at a price tag of Rs 10.08 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Ciaz S sedan comes with a host of sporty equipment, features and updates, including a new paint scheme — here are the details.
Apart from the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the new 1.5-litre petrol engine is also offered on the Ertiga MPV. The company will also introduce it on the popular Vitara Brezza facelift, which is expected to go on sale soon.
The new Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift petrol was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 and is scheduled to launch in the coming weeks.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued
Maruti Suzuki had previously announced the discontinuation of diesel engines from its lineup post the implementation of the BS6 emission norms. This was due to the additional costs required for diesel engines to be updated to comply with the new regulations. However, the company did state that if there is enough demand, they could introduce a BS6-compliant diesel unit at a later stage.