- 3 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 4 hrs ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- 6 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 Mileage Figures Revealed: Which Is The Most Fuel-Efficient Variant?
- Movies Renuka Shahane Remembers Reema Lagoo With HAHK Meme; Says 'She Would Have Loved This'
- News Explained: What does Indian Army’s latest software Infrastructure Management System do
- Technology PlayStation Plus Collection: Everything You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Genelia Deshmukh’s Red Printed Pantsuit Is What You Must Add To Your Office Wardrobe Right Away!
- Finance How Will The US Presidential Elections Impact Your Investments?
- Sports Alfa Romeo to remain on Formula One grid for 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
Mahindra Auto is working on the next-generation XUV500, which is expected to be launched sometime next year in the Indian market. The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will be heavily updated inside and out with many new features, and possibly a couple of new powertrain options as well.
Ahead of its launch, the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing in the country. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal a complete camouflage mule testing with strap on headlamps and tail lamps.
However, there were a couple of design details, that was spotted from the spy images. The new XUV500 will feature all-new front fascia, with a more pronounced grille and Mahindra emblem. It will also be expected to feature an all-new headlamp setup with integrated DRLs giving the SUV a fresh look.
At the rear, the SUV seems to be wider and will feature a new tail lamps design along with completely redesigned rear bumpers. Some of the other observation according to the report includes a new bonnet structure, diamond-cut alloy wheels, a prominent kink in the rear door, flush-type door handles, and a shark fin antenna; among others.
The upcoming new XUV500 will undergo a complete revision on the inside. This includes an all-new dashboard layout, a new instrument cluster and most of all an updated infotainment system offering the brand latest connected technology along with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Although the cabin on the current-gen XUV500 comes packed with features, it looks dated especially against its newly launched rivals. As a result, Mahindra will look to completely revamps the cabin to provide a fresh and airy feel. It could feature a panoramic sunroof replacing the current electric sunroof.
Speaking about the powertrain, the reports suggest that the 2021 XUV500 will continue to feature its 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It now produces 152bhp and 360Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a six-speed or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 SUV could also be offered with a new turbo-petrol engine. It could be the same 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion unit that will power the upcoming 2020 Thar. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 Next-Generation SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 has been among the brand's best sellers in the country. It is also the brand's first monocoque SUV, that has its presence in other countries as well. Mahindra will be giving the XUV500 a much-needed upgrade in the form of a next-generation model.