- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mahindra Auto is working on the next-generation XUV500, which is expected to be launched sometime next year in the Indian market. The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will be heavily updated inside and out with many new features, and possibly a couple of new powertrain options as well.
Ahead of its launch, the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing in the country. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal a complete camouflage mule testing with strap on headlamps and tail lamps.
However, there were a couple of design details, that was spotted from the spy images. The new XUV500 will feature all-new front fascia, with a more pronounced grille and Mahindra emblem. It will also be expected to feature an all-new headlamp setup with integrated DRLs giving the SUV a fresh look.
At the rear, the SUV seems to be wider and will feature a new tail lamps design along with completely redesigned rear bumpers. Some of the other observation according to the report includes a new bonnet structure, diamond-cut alloy wheels, a prominent kink in the rear door, flush-type door handles, and a shark fin antenna; among others.
The upcoming new XUV500 will undergo a complete revision on the inside. This includes an all-new dashboard layout, a new instrument cluster and most of all an updated infotainment system offering the brand latest connected technology along with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Although the cabin on the current-gen XUV500 comes packed with features, it looks dated especially against its newly launched rivals. As a result, Mahindra will look to completely revamps the cabin to provide a fresh and airy feel. It could feature a panoramic sunroof replacing the current electric sunroof.
Speaking about the powertrain, the reports suggest that the 2021 XUV500 will continue to feature its 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It now produces 152bhp and 360Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a six-speed or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 SUV could also be offered with a new turbo-petrol engine. It could be the same 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion unit that will power the upcoming 2020 Thar. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 Next-Generation SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 has been among the brand's best sellers in the country. It is also the brand's first monocoque SUV, that has its presence in other countries as well. Mahindra will be giving the XUV500 a much-needed upgrade in the form of a next-generation model.