- 52 min ago Bike Sales Report For FY 2020-21 In India: Royal Enfield Records Over 5,73,438 Units Sales
- 3 hrs ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 4 hrs ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- 4 hrs ago Honda Has Announced A Cashback Offer On The Purchase Of An Activa 6G: Read More!
- News AAP government to set up 48 oxygen plants in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Education Osmania University Results 2021 Declared For UG And PG Courses
- Sports Saina, Srikanth's Olympics hopes hit as Indian team's Malaysian Open participation in doubt
- Movies Vaani Kapoor: I Can't Walk Up To Shah Rukh Khan And Start A Conversation On My Own; I Don't Get Star-Struck
- Finance Covid 19 Death In Family: 4 Probable Insurance Covers You Can Claim Against
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
Mahindra is expected to launch a new variant of the XUV300 compact-SUV in the Indian market. Called the 'Sportz', was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. At the time of unveiling, the company also confirmed that it comes powered by a new T-GDi petrol engine.
We brought you exclusive images of the XUV300 model with T-GDi engine testing in Bangalore earlier this month. However, Mahindra seems to have started full-fledged testing of the upcoming SUV as it has been spied again.
Latest images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal a sans camouflaged mule to be testing with emission apparatus fitted to the exhaust pipes of the SUV. Apart from that, the images do not reveal any other changes made to the new variant.
Speaking about the new powertrain, it is a part of Mahindra's mStallion family of engines. The new engine will be a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, direct-injection, turbo-petrol unit producing 129bhp and 230Nm of peak torque.
In comparison to the current turbo-petrol engine, the new T-GDi unit makes 20bhp and 30Nm more power and torque output. The T-GDI engine is expected to come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and will be sold alongside the existing engine options which are 1.5 diesel and 1.2 turbo-petrol units.
With the introduction of the new engine, XUV300 Sportz variant is set to become the most powerful compact-SUV when launched in the Indian market. The new engine is also expected to make its way into the Ford EcoSport SUV, as a replacement for its now-discontinued 1.0-litre EcoBoost unit. Back in the day, Ford's Ecoboost engine offered the segment-best performance of 123bhp.
Coming back to the XUV300 Sportz variant, it is expected to feature a couple of changes over the standard model to stand apart. This includes new sporty body graphics, red front brake callipers and more.
On the inside, it will feature an all-black treatment, with some of the trims, finished in red accents on the dashboard and contrasting red stitching on the seats; among others. The Mahindra XUV300 Sportz variant is expected to launch sometime in this year.
The Mahindra XUV300 rivals the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others in the Indian market. Alongside the sporty variant, Mahindra is also looking to launch an all-electric version of the compact SUV, called the eXUV300, sometime in the next year.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 TGDi Turbo-Petrol Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Mahindra XUV300 has been well received in the Indian market due to its appealing design and a couple of powertrain options. It is about to receive a new powertrain that will make it the most powerful model in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment-in the market.