- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News Karnataka school sedition case challenged in SC
- Movies Box Office Collection Report: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan VS Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship
- Technology Redmi 8A Dual Will Be Available Via Open Sale
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Mahindra's new XUV300 Sportz variant that was unveiled at the recent Auto Expo is all set to arrive with a new engine.
The SUV will arrive with Mahindra's new BS6-compliant 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol GDI engine. The new unit is part of the company's mStallion family of engines.
The new 1.2-litre mStallion engine produces 128bhp of power and 230Nm of torque, making it more powerful than the XUV300's current BS6-compliant petrol engine. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The company had revealed details about the new 1.2-litre T-GDI engine last year, when they announced their BS6 compliant engine line-up. The new engine will also be featured in the Ford EcoSport, thanks to the new alliance formed by both companies.
Mahindra has brought minor exterior design changes to set the Sportz variant. The word ‘Sportz' is now featured on both front doors, the SUV features new body graphics, and the front brake calipers are finished in red.
Interiors of the vehicle also feature red highlights on the dashboard, the steering wheel, and as contrast stitching on the seats.
The new Mahindra XUV300 T-GDI model is expected to make a transition into production soon, and once launched, the new 1.2-litre mStallion engine will make the SUV the most powerful petrol powered compact SUV in its segment.
The XUV300 currently competes with the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Vitara Brezza, and the Ford EcoSport. Competition in the segment will get more fierce over the next few months with the Volkswagen Taigun, the Kia Sonnet, and a Skoda SUV that is said to be based on the Vision IN concept.
In Mahindra related news, the company also unveiled the eXUV300 at the Auto Expo. The vehicle is said to be in a near production ready form, and features a 350V powertrain for now. To know more about the eXUV300, click here.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Variant Featuring A New 1.2-Litre m Stallion Engine
Mahindra has always been rather quiet about upgrades and new engines, and we're excited to test the new engine out. We're satisfied with the power and performance figures but one really needs to drive the vehicle to fully understand it. Well, I guess we all wait until launch then.