- 13 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Movies Trance: The Official Trailer Of The Fahadh Faasil Starrer Is Impressive And Intriguing
- News Maha Shivratri 2020: Why auspicious for women; date, mahurat
- Sports FIBA Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers: Princepal Singh and Amaan Sandhu part of India squad for Window 1
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 Render, Key Specs Surface
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Mahindra's new XUV300 Sportz variant that was unveiled at the recent Auto Expo is all set to arrive with a new engine.
The SUV will arrive with Mahindra's new BS6-compliant 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol GDI engine. The new unit is part of the company's mStallion family of engines.
The new 1.2-litre mStallion engine produces 128bhp of power and 230Nm of torque, making it more powerful than the XUV300's current BS6-compliant petrol engine. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The company had revealed details about the new 1.2-litre T-GDI engine last year, when they announced their BS6 compliant engine line-up. The new engine will also be featured in the Ford EcoSport, thanks to the new alliance formed by both companies.
Mahindra has brought minor exterior design changes to set the Sportz variant. The word ‘Sportz' is now featured on both front doors, the SUV features new body graphics, and the front brake calipers are finished in red.
Interiors of the vehicle also feature red highlights on the dashboard, the steering wheel, and as contrast stitching on the seats.
The new Mahindra XUV300 T-GDI model is expected to make a transition into production soon, and once launched, the new 1.2-litre mStallion engine will make the SUV the most powerful petrol powered compact SUV in its segment.
The XUV300 currently competes with the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Vitara Brezza, and the Ford EcoSport. Competition in the segment will get more fierce over the next few months with the Volkswagen Taigun, the Kia Sonnet, and a Skoda SUV that is said to be based on the Vision IN concept.
In Mahindra related news, the company also unveiled the eXUV300 at the Auto Expo. The vehicle is said to be in a near production ready form, and features a 350V powertrain for now. To know more about the eXUV300, click here.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Variant Featuring A New 1.2-Litre m Stallion Engine
Mahindra has always been rather quiet about upgrades and new engines, and we're excited to test the new engine out. We're satisfied with the power and performance figures but one really needs to drive the vehicle to fully understand it. Well, I guess we all wait until launch then.