- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News TS EAMCET notification 2020 details
- Movies Bheeshma Day 1 Collection: Nithiin, Rashmika Mandanna Starrer Creates Magic At The Box Office
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Mahindra was planning to bring an electric version of one of their cars, to be precise, the XUV300 sometime in 2020. According to CarandBike.com, the company has said that the production version of the Mahindra XUV300 Electric will debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
The upcoming XUV300 has been Codenamed the S210. The car will be available in two variants: standard and long-range version and will have a range of up to 200 km and 350-400 km respectively, on a single charge.
Mechanically, the Mahindra XUV300 EV is expected to come with a new electric powertrain. The SUV will be powered by a Lithium-Ion battery developed in collaboration with LG Chem. LG Chem is also working on a unique cell, only for India and will also supply Lithium-ion cells based on nickel-manganese- cobalt (NMC) chemistry with high energy density.
As far as the Design is concerned, we expect the Mahindra XUV300 EV to retain the basic design of the regular XUV300 models. There might be a change in the front end of the car, especially the grille. The interiors are also expected to get a few updates and changes, otherwise, we are expecting the car to carry the same interior styling as the top-end XUV300.
The current generation ICE Mahindra XUV300 features a sharp design with a sleek front grille, headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, and a large central air-dam that is flanked by fog lamps on either side.
The Mahindra XUV300 gets two engine options - a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol unit that produces 110bhp of power and 200Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 115bhp of power and 300Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The XUV300 also became the first BS6 compliant Mahindra vehicle to be made available for consumers. The BS6 petrol model was launched on 3 December, last year.
Thoughts On The XUV300 Electric
Electric vehicles are gaining more and more traction these days and the Mahindra XUV300 has been one of the company's best-selling models in its segment. So we are eagerly waiting for the company to launch the XUV300 EV and we are hoping that it will be a game-changer for the company.