- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd. has announced that the Mahindra Treo, which is a lithium-ion battery-powered electric 3-wheeler, has crossed the 5,000 units sales mark in India. The Treo was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Moreover, customers have been able to clock up to 265 kilometres in a single day with the Treo with some well-planned charging breaks.
Commenting on this significant milestone, Mahesh Babu, MD & CEO, Mahindra Electric said, "I would like to thank our customers for choosing and embracing e-mobility in the country. The Mahindra Treo range has crossed a remarkable sales milestone of 5,000 units and is currently being sold in over 400 districts across the country. Cumulatively, the Treo has travelled a distance of over 35 Million kms on Indian roads, saving 1,925 metric tonnes of CO2 tailpipe emissions, equivalent to planting 87,500 trees to absorb the same emissions. Given its low running costs, our Treo customer has been able to save up to ₹ 45,000/ year*. This electric 3-wheeler along with its unique styling, superior handling and top performance makes for a smart first and last mile mobility choice for both drivers and commuters."
Mechanically, the Treo range is powered by advanced lithium-ion battery technology. The battery pack has a life of around 1.50 lakh plus kilometres. The Treo can churn out a maximum power of 10.72bhp and a peak torque of 42Nm, which is not bad for an electric three-wheeler.
The Mahindra Treo also has a spacious and comfortable cabin, thanks to its long wheelbase. It can also climb slopes with ease given the highest gradability of 12.7 degrees, which is the best in the segment. It comes with a standard warranty of three years or 80,000kms. along with this, there is also an option of an extended warranty of two years or 1,00,000Kms.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Treo's New Milestone
Mahindra has done a great job by getting the Treo electric 3-wheeler in its fleet and it is good to see that people are considering the EV option not only for their personal but commercial use also. The Treo has a good battery life and with planned halts for charging the vehicle, people can cover a lot of distance and save the environment at the same time.