- 17 min ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 2 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies When Alia Bhatt Confessed About Loving Sidharth Malhotra: I Love Him, There's No Stress; I'm Not Nachaoing Him
- News Kamal Haasan discharged following surgery, to resume poll campaign after rest
- Finance IRCTC To Resume e-Catering Services From February
- Sports IPL 2021: BCCI to host IPL 14 Auction on February 18, claims official; venue not decided yet
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Education UPSC Civil Services 2021: No Extra Attempt For Aspirants Who Missed Exam Due To COVID
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Mahindra Thar has become the most popular brand name in recent times in the automotive world. The new-generation off-road SUV has received an overwhelming response from the market and is currently having a waiting period over six months.
According to the previous month sales figures from Autopunditz, the company has dispatched 2,569 unit of the SUV ever since its launch in the Indian market. The company has delivered the SUV to over 2,500 customers in the country.
Due to the increase in demand an overwhelming booking numbers, Mahindra has conducted several mega delivery camps to help customers celebrate the festive season with the new Thar during the Dushera and Diwali in the country.
The SUVs are being delivered to customers based on the sequence of bookings received for the available variants. Additionally, customers who have booked their Thar are being assured by the company by connecting with them, individually. Thar customers are provided with a likely or exact delivery date, thereby assuring them at every step of the waiting period.
Another measure that is taken by the company to meet the growing demand of its Thar SUV is to increase the production at its Nasik facility. The company will increase the production number from 2,000 vehicles per month to 3,000 by January 2021.
The Mahindra Thar was launched with an introductory starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh. However, soon the introductory pricing is going to end as the company decides to increase the price of the all-new Thar. The pricing can up by as much as Rs 40,000 depending on the variant — here are all details.
The Thar is essentially available in two variants: AX series & LX series. The company has temporarily discontinued the base-spec model of the SUV due to the growing demand in the market.
The second-generation Thar features an all-new design along with a host of equipment giving the SUV an upmarket feel. The company has added a new petrol engine along with the existing diesel engine on the new-gen off-road SUV. It includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
Speaking of new features and enhancements, the new Mahindra Thar has also secured a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP crash test. The SUV scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety and an impressive 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar First Month Dispatch Figures
Due to the growing demand for the Thar SUV in the market, Mahindra is increasing the production of the off-roader in the country. As a result, the company has dispatched over 2,500 units last month despite the initial production capacity of the facility set at 2,000 units per month.