- 1 hr ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 16 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- Finance This Much Shall Be Deducted For Non-Maintenance Of Minimum Balance In Post Office Savings Account
- Technology Motorola Capri, Capri Plus Budget Phones Launch Expected For Q1 2021
- Movies Akshay Kumar Gets Go-Ahead To Shoot Ram Setu In Ayodhya After Meeting UP CM Yogi Adityanath?
- News FM Nirmala Sitharaman to attend Founding Day of Directorate of Revenue and Intelligence today
- Sports Rumour Has It: PSG forced to sell Madrid target Mbappe if Messi joins from Barca
- Lifestyle Meet The Bijlees’: An Extensive Guide About Electricity For School Kids
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Mahindra has announced that the all-new Thar off-roader SUV has registered over 15,000 units of bookings in India since its launch. The company also stated that of the total bookings received, 57% of them came from first-time buyers of the Thar. They even went on to state that most of the customers who booked the off-roader preferred the automatic variants on offer.
The company introduced the latest-generation Thar SUV in the Indian market on the 2nd of October 2020 and is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Of the total bookings received till date, Mahindra had reported that 9000 units of them came within the first three days of its launch.
The new Mahindra Thar has been one of the most-anticipated SUVs in the country for a while now. The off-roader was initially expected to launch earlier, however, the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown delayed these plans. The latest-generation Thar was finally unveiled on 15th August, before going on sale earlier this month.
Veejay Nakra, Chief Executive Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said,
"We are delighted with this overwhelming response received for the All-New Thar, having crossed 15,000 bookings as on date. What is particularly interesting is that there is an acceptance of the All-New Thar amongst a larger base of lifestyle seekers, beyond the traditional lovers of this iconic brand. Given this overwhelming response, we are substantially ramping up our capacity"
Mahindra has already announced that the deliveries for the new Thar SUV will begin only from the 1st of November 2020. With deliveries yet to start, customers of the new Thar could see themselves waiting for quite a while for their SUV to arrive.
The Mahindra Thar is offered in two trim-levels: AX and LX. While the Thar AX variants are targeted towards the off-road enthusiasts, the LX is more of a lifestyle-oriented road-going version of the SUV.
The new Thar SUV is powered by a new petrol engine, while also carrying forward the brand's existing diesel unit. These come in the form of a 2.0-litre T-GDi petrol unit, producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The diesel version is powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk engine churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with the optional torque-converter automatic also on offer.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Bookings Milestone
The all-new Mahindra Thar seems to have gotten off to an extremely positive start in the Indian market. Mahindra will be hoping to carry forward this momentum into the upcoming festive season and possibly even improve their numbers as well.