- 1 hr ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 19 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 20 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Aviation sector workers be vaccinated on priority after health workers: MoCA to MoHFW
- Sports England spinners need to be patient, Leach's accuracy key to success in India: Swann
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Movies Krack Day 14 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Emerges As A Blockbuster
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Mahindra & Mahindra introduced the new Thar SUV in th Indian market earlier this year. Initially, the new Mahindra Thar was offered in a range of variants, offered with a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, Mahindra now seems to have silently removed the base AX Std, AX Petrol and SX Diesel variants of the Thar from their website. With the removal of the three base variants, the entry-level price for the new Mahindra Thar now stands at Rs 11.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
All three variants which have been discontinued came with basic steel wheels, side-facing four-seater configuration, manual transmission and a soft-top roof. The entry-level trim for the SUV is now the Thar AX (O), which has a convertible roof; among other features on offer.
Mahindra, however, is yet to confirm the exact reason why the three base variants have been removed from the SUV's lineup. Apart from the slight variant re-shuffle though, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar.
The new Mahindra Thar continues to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit, churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or an optional automatic gearbox.
The new Mahindra Thar also features a host of added features, equipment and technology, over its predecessor. Some of the new features on the second-generation Thar include LED DRLs, LED tail lights, stylish alloy wheels, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, cruise control, steering-mounted control and many others.
In terms of off-road capabilities, the new Mahindra Thar now comes with an on-demand 4x4, with a manual-shift transfer case. The SUV comes a water-wading depth of 650mm. It also has an approach and departure angle of 47mm and 37mm, respectively.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Base Variant Removed
The new Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market, receiving over 20,000 bookings since its launch. The new Thar now has a waiting period of over 7 months.