- 4 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 9 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Mammootty Is Back To The Outside World After 275 Days; To Start Shooting Soon?
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Technology Mystery Nokia Budget Smartphone Gets TENAA Certification; Might Debut Soon
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Mahindra has trademarked a new name for its popular off-road SUV model called the Scorpio Sting in the Indian market. A government document has revealed the details of the new moniker for the SUV.
While there are many speculations about the new name registered by Mahindra for the Scorpio, majority of it revolves around the new-gen model. The ‘Sting' is speculated to be reserved by the company for the upcoming new-gen Mahindra Scorpio model in India.
Mahindra is expected to launch the new-gen Scorpio SUV sometime early 2021 in the market. The new-gen model is said to feature a huge upgrade from the current-gen SUV model sold in the country. As a result, the company might launch the new-gen SUV with a new name to help emphasize the update.
Alternatively, it could also be a special-edition model of the Scorpio SUV that could be launched by the company at a later date. We are noticing many automakers launching a limited-time special-edition during the festive season. The Scorpio Sting could be Mahindra attempt to offer something new form the brand during this year's festive season.
Coming back to the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio, the upcoming SUV is expected to undergo a complete design revision inside and out. It is expected to feature a bigger footprint than the outgoing model as well. This will help in increased cabin space, giving it an airy feel.
The updates will start with the distinctive front fascia of the current-gen Scorpio, which is expected to feature a wider grille along with LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. The new front fascia is expected to enhance the appeal of the SUV and give a more premium look. Similar updates are expected to the rear and the side profile of the rugged SUV.
On the inside, the current-gen Mahindra Scorpio was recently updated with a new infotainment display that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay technology. However, in the new-gen model, we could expect a much larger unit with some form of connected technology. Also, the bigger footprint of the SUV is also expected to make for more space on the third-row, which could be offered with forward-facing seats.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with a petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit. Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company could offer the Scorpio with an optional automatic adding to the list of convenient features of the new-gen SUV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Scorpio Sting Trademarked In India
Mahindra is yet to confirm its plans with the new Scorpio Sting name trademarked in Indian. It could be reserved for the new-gen Scorpio that is expected to arrive sometime early next year in the market. The new-generation rugged SUV will be receiving a complete makeover from the company making appealing for buyers in the country.