- 6 min ago Bounce Electric Scooter Approved By Government: Test Ride Registrations Begin
- 42 min ago New Mahindra Thar Waiting Period On The Rise: Demand Higher Than Initial Company Expectations
- 3 hrs ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 3 hrs ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- Sports India vs Australia: Sourav Ganguly to talk to CA to discuss quarantine rule for Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma: Report
- Technology Vivo V21 Series Reportedly In Works; Launch Tipped For February 2021
- News Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij sets up 3-member drafting committee to frame law on love jihad
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo Fails To Beat Mahesh Babu’s Sarileru Neekevvaru In TRP Race
- Finance Nifty Tops 12987, Sensex Gains 431 Points; Nifty Metal Shines On Expiry Day
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia, Bhumi Pednekar, And Anushka Sharma Give Us Summer Dress Goals
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Mahindra has trademarked a new name for its popular off-road SUV model called the Scorpio Sting in the Indian market. A government document has revealed the details of the new moniker for the SUV.
While there are many speculations about the new name registered by Mahindra for the Scorpio, majority of it revolves around the new-gen model. The ‘Sting' is speculated to be reserved by the company for the upcoming new-gen Mahindra Scorpio model in India.
Mahindra is expected to launch the new-gen Scorpio SUV sometime early 2021 in the market. The new-gen model is said to feature a huge upgrade from the current-gen SUV model sold in the country. As a result, the company might launch the new-gen SUV with a new name to help emphasize the update.
Alternatively, it could also be a special-edition model of the Scorpio SUV that could be launched by the company at a later date. We are noticing many automakers launching a limited-time special-edition during the festive season. The Scorpio Sting could be Mahindra attempt to offer something new form the brand during this year's festive season.
Coming back to the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio, the upcoming SUV is expected to undergo a complete design revision inside and out. It is expected to feature a bigger footprint than the outgoing model as well. This will help in increased cabin space, giving it an airy feel.
The updates will start with the distinctive front fascia of the current-gen Scorpio, which is expected to feature a wider grille along with LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. The new front fascia is expected to enhance the appeal of the SUV and give a more premium look. Similar updates are expected to the rear and the side profile of the rugged SUV.
On the inside, the current-gen Mahindra Scorpio was recently updated with a new infotainment display that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay technology. However, in the new-gen model, we could expect a much larger unit with some form of connected technology. Also, the bigger footprint of the SUV is also expected to make for more space on the third-row, which could be offered with forward-facing seats.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with a petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit. Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company could offer the Scorpio with an optional automatic adding to the list of convenient features of the new-gen SUV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Scorpio Sting Trademarked In India
Mahindra is yet to confirm its plans with the new Scorpio Sting name trademarked in Indian. It could be reserved for the new-gen Scorpio that is expected to arrive sometime early next year in the market. The new-generation rugged SUV will be receiving a complete makeover from the company making appealing for buyers in the country.