- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 9 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- News DCGI finds no link between COVID vaccine shot and 'adverse' reaction in Chennai volunteer during trial
- Sports India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Important that I try to win games for India whenever I play: Shardul Thakur
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
England based Mahindra Racing has announced that both its FIA Formula E Championship drivers, Pascal Wehrlein and Jerome d'Ambrosio, will participate at the Formula E Race at Home Challenge - Formula E's version of virtual races.
The #94 and #64 racers, Wehrlein and d'Ambrosio will participate in a one-lap qualifying session. The qualifying session will follow Formula E's four group format, with each group consisting of six drivers. The race will follow a ‘Race Royale' battle format.
After lights out on the race, one driver will be eliminated after every lap until only ten remain. To top 10 drivers will then have one lap to sprint to the finish. Points will be awarded according to the standard system - 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, and 1. One point will be awarded to the driver who sets the fastest lap, and one point for the driver who takes the Julius Baer Pole Position. The ultimate prize however, is to be crowned the inaugural ABB Formula E Sim Series Champion.
The Hong Kong ePrix street circuit has been chosen as the venue, and will feature 23 Formula E professional racers. The race is scheduled for 25 April.
Mahindra Racing is the only Indian team to compete in the FIA Formula E Championship - the world's first all-electric street racing series. They have been racing in the series since 2014 and have a list of notable drivers since — Karun Chandok, Bruno Senna, Nick Heidfeld, Felix Rosenqvist, Pascal Wehrlein, and Jerome d'Ambrosio.
Mahindra Racing also has a fantastic sponsors list that include Alpinestars, Pininfarina, Shell, Nippon Audio, Rockfort Engineering, and Tech Mahindra.
Mahindra Racing was previously involved in the FIM MotoGP World Motorcycle Racing Championship Series in the 125cc Two-Stroke class, and the Moto3 (250cc four-stroke) class that replaced it.
The team created history at the 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix taking the first-ever podium finish for an Indian constructor in the MotoGP World Championship Series and finished third in the Constructors' Championship.
Thoughts About Mahindra Racing Participating In The FIA Formula E Race At Home Challenge
Mahindra Racing has been actively involved in some form of motor racing over the last decade. We feel pride in knowing that an Indian brand runs its own racing team, and at Formula E nonetheless. We wish both Wehrlein and d'Ambrosio the best of luck. May the Gods of Electric Racing be on your side!