- 41 min ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 14 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- 15 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Sports COVID effect: Cricket Australia bans mini bar in hotel rooms for Big Bash
- Finance RBI Asks Banks To Not Declare Dividend For FY21; Retain Profit Made In FY20
- Movies Tenet Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- News Just before rituals, Lucknow police stop inter-faith marriage
- Technology Realme Buds Air 2 Gets FCC Certification Hinting Imminent Launch
- Lifestyle Sonakshi Sinha Is A Vision In Sheer White Crop Top And Bodycon Skirt, Details And Price Inside!
- Education AYUSH Counselling Result 2020: Check AYUSH NEET UG Counselling 2020 Result Link
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Mahindra will be launching a slew of new vehicles in the Indian market and have started the proceedings with the launch of the all-new Thar. However, based on the latest reports, the company is said to be working on introducing an automatic version of the Marazzo MPV.
Latest spy images from TeamBHP, reveals a test mule of the Marazzon MPV bearing the badge ‘Autoshift' on the boot lid. The MPV is also equipped with a red testing number plate, which confirms the fact that we are looking at an automatic variant of the Marazzo MPV.
Due to the rise in demand for automatic transmission options in the Indian market, the company could have decided to launch a new variant of the Marazzo MPV. The automatic gearbox on the MPV could be a six-speed torque converter unit, as seen on the all-new Thar.
Once launched, the Mahindra Marazzo automatic variant will be an all-new offering for the segment. Currently, there are no MPVs with an automatic transmission which are priced within 20 lakhs and have three-row seating with ample boot space. Mahindra does offer AT on the XUV500, however, the SUV lacks practicality as compared to the Marazzo.
The report also suggests that the new 6-speed AT will come mated to the much-awaited 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine, which will make its debut on the Marazzo MPV. The new engine is derived from the SsangYong Korando. It produces 162bhp and 280Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol engine is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Currently, the Mahindra Marazzo MPV comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Some of the highlighted features of the Marazzo MPV include LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED taillights, front and rear fog lamps, shark fin antenna, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, rearview parking camera with adaptive guidelines and more.
The MPV also features a seven-inch infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, follow-me-home headlamps, cruise control, ABS with EBD, traction control and a host of others as well. Mahindra Marazzo has also been awarded a four-star safety rating from the Global NCAP.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo Automatic Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
Mahindra Marazzo offers an excellent amount of cabin space with enhanced practicality and features. With the addition of an automatic transmission and a turbo-petrol engine, the MPV will become more appealing to the buyers in the segment. The Mahindra Marazzo rivals the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga in the Indian market.