- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- News Karnataka school sedition case challenged in SC
- Movies Box Office Collection Report: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan VS Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Mahindra eKUV100 launched at Auto Expo 2020. Mahindra has launched what is currently the most affordable electric car in the Indian market, the eKUV100. The new Mahindra eKUV100 is offered with a starting price of Rs 8.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The eKUV100 was first showcased at the previous 2018 Auto Expo. Over the past two years, Mahindra is said to have worked hard on the development of the battery packs, making it more suitable for Indian conditions.
Getting the technical specifications out of the way, the Mahindra eKUV100 is powered by a 40kW electric motor producing 53bhp and 120Nm of peak torque. The electric motor is paired with a 15.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack offering a maximum range of 120km on a single charge.
Mahindra will be offering the eKUV100 with both standard and fast-charging technology, while also being compatible with a wall socket as well.
Now coming to the design, the eKUV100 is almost identical to the standard ICE-powered model. However, being an electric vehicle, Mahindra has included a revised front grille, while also updating the headlamps and taillights on the mini-SUV.
Inside the Mahindra eKUV100, the cabin will also remain almost identical. However, the eKUV100 could come with a larger infotainment system, compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a digital instrument cluster as well.
Thoughts On The Mahindra eKUV100 Launched At The Auto Expo 2020
The Mahindra eKUV100 is currently the most affordable EV available in the Indian market. The eKUV100 doesn't have any direct rivals in its segment, although it will go up against the likes of the upcoming Maruti WagonR electric once introduced.